Help with Bosch 1619EVS Router

If you have a Bosch 1619EVS can you please tell me if your coarse adjustment indicator is useful?

I just got one of these routers and everything is great except this indicator. The scale on the indicator is 0 to 5/64 inch. However, one full rotation on the coarse adjustment knob changes the depth of cut by over 2 inches. There seems to be absolutely no correlation between the depth adjustment and this indicator. I'm thinking they installed the wrong indicator on my router.

I called Bosch and talked to their tech support. The guy I spoke to was polite but hadn't used the router in over two years and was not familiar with it. He simply looked at the manual which, of course, I had already done. No help there...

Any experienced advice on this would be most appreciated.

TWS

Reply to
TWS

call back and ask to speak with a different guy. the manufacturer should be able to help you with this.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Would not depend on the 1619 indicator nor any other router's method of measuring depth.

(Routers)

Reply to
pat

As a follow up to this request I just got a call back from Bosch engineering. Apparently the Bosch 1613 router uses the same plastic part with different stampings for its depth indicator. As I suspected, my router has the wrong part on it and Bosch is sending out a replacement.

The engineer said about 50 units were made with the wrong part. They've corrected most of them but I was one of the *lucky* ones that got away.

Boy it's great to get good service. Another reason to buy quality tools...

TWS

Reply to
TWS

I wasn't relying on the indicator for measuring depth but it would have been nice if it was even in the same zip code for initial setup. When it says I've changed the depth 1/32 and I can see the pin move about an inch something is wrong. As it turns out the router did have the wrong part on it - see my other post...

TWS

Reply to
TWS

BTW, I should have mentioned in my previous post, I've seen your website before. You did a fine job on it and it has been very helpful to me.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
TWS