Any Bosch 1619EVS + Veritas Router Table owners here?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leon" Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:13 AM Subject: Re: Any Bosch 1619EVS + Veritas Router Table owners here?

Works with the vast majority of plunge routers with exposed height > adjustment rods in sizes M8 x 1.25, M10 x 1.5, M12 x 1.75, or 3/8"-16 UNC

The Bosch 1619 does not have an exposed height adjustment rod. The adjustment rod nessesary is part of the plunge post not the threaded depth rod and turret assembly. Neill

> Hello rec.woodworking, >> >> I'll be buying the Veritas Router Table System if it's compatible with my >> Bosch 1619EVS router. I'm worried about the Router Bit Jack accessory >>
: it replaces the router's height adjustment >> rod and comes in 1 of 4 different thread sizes. I don't know which thread >> size to get because the 1619EVS isn't included in the compatibility list. >> I >> e-mailed Lee Valley customer service, but they replied saying they were >> unable to find the relevant specifications for my router. I do know that >> the 1619EVS's adjustment rod's thread pitch is 2mm (5/64"), which doesn't >> seem to match any version of the Router Bit Jack. I'm unable to measure >> the >> rod diameter because 2/3 of the circumference is enclosed in a plastic >> shaft. >> >> If you can offer any information or advice, please do! >> > > I hope this is not too late. > > I tried the Bit Jack on an older similar 1611 Bosch router. I was not > satisfied. At best, this combination was clumsy. I think the combination > was bad because the router is very heavy even with the springs taken out > and because the fulcrum point is too far off from the center of the > router. The effect was like trying to plunge the router with 1 hand on > one side. Too much racking and resistance. I got better results if I > clocked the Bit Jack to different positions. Unfortunately that resulted > in the Bit Jack interfering with closing the door on the router table. > > >
Reply to
Neill Mathieson

i have a bosch 1619 in a standard router top, i don't remember where i got it.i installed a "Router Razer" lift kit and am pretty sastisfied with it.if memory serves me it cost around $89.

Reply to
woodarama