IT(ish) - speed of refund request acceptance on Amazon

I ordered a window stay, and although it initially tracked as in the Royal Mail system waiting for delivery it suddenly showed as delivered in Mastric two days before I had placed the order.

I put in a request for a refund, and expected to get an email saying that the request had been received and was under review.

This seemed to be very fast.

I am now wondering if they automatically approve anything under a certain value, if the tracking information was enough, or if the Amazon Marketplace supplier was a known problem.

Whatever, I am now still without the window stay I wanted.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

My experience (with an issue rate of less than 1 per thousand transactions) is that they don't piss about. I reckon their customer service is superb.

Reply to
newshound

Well the date is a bit of a giveaway. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I accidentally ordered two copies of a CD. When I made the request to return one of them I was told to keep it. Other times I've returned items and the refund seems to have been made as soon as the packages get into their tracking system. Certainly too soon to have been delivered and checked in.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Indeed, presumably why eBay has had to up it's game & "lean towards" customers in disputes...

I've heard they (Amazon) can be ruthless c*nts though, sellers observed selling products well on Amazon soon find they have extra competition - from Amazon themselves...

Reply to
Jimk

An update: noting that the OP dates was 25th August and it is now 15th October.

I was refunded for the stay, and have just double checked and the refund has been processed and no further charge has so far been made.

Today, with no warning from Amazon (which normally notifies dispatch and delivery of items) I received the window stay via DHL (noting the original carrier was allegedly Royal Mail.

The invoice is "interesting".

Order date: 13/08/2020 Invoice date: 14/10/2020 Payment received: 13/08/2020 Amazon

Oh, and the invoice has a discount voucher printed on it which is valid until 30/09/2020 (!). Invoice printed 14/10/2020.

So there seems to be an inability to find posterior with both hands.

I will now have to keep an eye on my credit card for a week or so in case they try to charge it again, but the invoice does say that it has been paid.

I am now considering if Amazon will accept a charge for an item 2 months after they refunded it!

Bemused as usual.

Dave R

Reply to
David

I have made about three am returns to Amazon recently at a Hermes pick up point and had an aknowledgement with money being refunded within the day.

Reply to
jon