1950's LEC fridge failed just now on defrost. Need vintage fridge expert to fix

Our fridge which has been running for many years has failed to work since we last defrosted it. Looking for a vintage fridge expert to help fix it please? Any details of someone who can help greatly appreciated.

Reply to
CBallam

FFS a 70 year old fridge,,,

Though was the brand LEC about in 1950? Perhaps he means a modern (relatively) 1950's style fridge.

I don't know why I'm wasting my breath, there is never any follow up from the users of that site.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

1950s wasn't that old when I was a bit younger.

Yes.

With a pink interior.

We had a Frigidaire with a green interior. After it went to fridge heaven I had the icebox drip tray as a pens and odds-and-ends tray.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Ours was a Kelvinator. A creamy shade. And we got it second- or more hand.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

1950s means it uses R12, same as any fridge from the 1930s upto the 1990s. Any refrigeration engineer should be able to work on it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Is it really worth it? If its that old it used CFCs for the gas, so regassing it may not be possible these days assuming you can get it to seal. Our old Frigidaire died due to a tiny pin hole in the zig zag pipes at the back. That was not really fixable, and by that time the insulation was decomposing and the early plastic moulded interior had gone very brittle and cracked at stress points. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I do think the poster needs to find a better place to post from also. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa