Digital Dehumidifier Shuts Off After Power Outage and Stays Off!

I used to leave an old analog model running in my basement while I was away for weeks at a time. When I bought this new Haier, I forgot about the "permanent off" problem. As we have been having frequent T-storms, it is pretty useless. Assuming there is no easy fix for this (or is there?) who still makes an analog model? Help much appreciated! Frank

Reply to
frank1492

Perhaps you could buy a UPS (uninterrupible power supply) that would keep the unit running for brief periods during a power glitch.

Google "uninterruptible power supplies"

here is a good "basic explanation" link:

Your challenge will be to try to estimate how long the power is off at a time.......... 5 seconds or 4 hours ?? and find a UPS with a high enough rating to power the dehumidifier long enough to prevent the digital control from resetting to zero (or off). A very small UPS designed for a computer might not do the job.

Hope this helps !!

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

Sears has a 35pt model that is analog but I believe their 70pt model will start back up after a power failure automatically just like most window air units. Tom

Reply to
Tom

Thanks. I will look into the IPS, but it will have to be able to handle 8 amps! Probably cheaper to start all over (but with what.) Will have to look at the restart issue very carefully with the next unit.

Reply to
frank1492