Even worse than Hermes? ARROWXL

stayed in all day for a delivery scheduled to be between 2:30 and 4:30. At 22:30 received an unintelligible call from someone foreign. At 00:00 I went to bed. I sleep over the front drive. I went to sleep about 2 a.m.

This morning I get an email asking me how my failed delivery went, and the parcel tracking informs me that I was 'carded, because I wasn't at home'. I checked the letter box. No card.

The courier website says that no agents are available to talk to me.

I have contacted the vendor to complain. He is 'getting back to me'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is this any worse than Hermes (now Evri)? I had a Hermes courier round who claimed he went to my flat earlier and nobody was in. I asked him where my flat was and he didn't know.

Reply to
Scott

I'm having trouble with Yodel at present. I ordered an item from Amazon nearly 2 weeks ago. To be delivered by Yodel, apparently.

Yodel's tracking app shows it arriving in my "local" depot (actually 35 miles away) last Friday. I tried 3 times to schedule a delivery date over the last week, all missed. They now think it may have a problem with its barcode, i.e. it's lost. And they want me to wait another 48 hours to see if they can find it somewhere. By that time it will be over 14 days since I ordered it so my right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regs will have expired. So tomorrow morning if there's no advance, I will simply have to cancel (and if necessary get my credit card company involved, if Amazon don't do the right thing - have no experience of Amazon over such things, do they refund easily?).

Are there any parcel delivery companies that are at all reliable?

Reply to
Clive Page

Amazon are excellent in cases like this and will refund pretty well immediately if it doesn't turn up.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Yes, by far the easiest to get a full refund from.

Reply to
zall

Nope. I am on the verge of cancelling my order and asking for a refund. Not because the product is rubbish, but because the courier is.

Not employing some barely literate Albanian as a driver, but an English person instead, might have helped.

Id have happily paid more for better service

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Herpes are now known as Evri

Bought a s/h DVD via eBay deivered by Evri. Just the usual size popped through the letter box same as Royal Mail. Except as well getting three emails its on its way its been delivered youre now expected to rate the courier eBay style with stars ...how they did etc, Despite never having seen them.

bb

Reply to
billy bookcase

PayPal seem good, too.

Reply to
charles

Update: ARROWXL asked me to rebook, but the website wouldn't let me, as it retained the old booking. I managed to get a live chat session, and they earliest was the middle of next week with no guaranteed time slot, although they said they would text me the time the day before. Well last time they claimed to have been at my house at 11:30pm and no one was in, for a slot booked for 2:30-4:30pm. The website says they stopped and 'carded' me because no one was in, but I was waiting with all the house lights on.

I have asked for a full refund of £700 from the vendor. I think that whenever a [parcel fails to arrive we should all do that. Otherwise this appalling customer service will simply continue.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But you do know if they knocked on the door if it wouldn't fit thru the letterbox slot or if they just carded it or tossed it over the fence or left it where anyone could grab it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yeah, I always use them with anything other than Amazon where you can't use them.

Not always as quick as Amazon to refund tho, they mostly do ask the seller for their side of the story.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In Canada,a lot of problems also exist with carriers, so its notjust us. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks. Yodel.co.uk still says "expected delivery Thurs 20th" i.e. yesterday. So I'm about to cancel and I will find out too.

Reply to
Clive Page

In my experience courier companies are really bad with information if a parcel has been lost or stolen in transit.

They apologise for the "delay" for which they state various reasons and claim they will deliver the item tomorrow. The tomorrows come around and they still will not admit to losing the package and still claim to deliver it the following day. The deliver tomorrow seems to have been pre-programmed into their tracking software and automatically kicks in the estimated delivery date has passed. Phoning up and talking to human only results in the droid looking at the same information presented by the tracking software and advising to wait another 48 hours.

I've had this experience twice in the past 10 years and both with physically large/heavy items costing £300 to £500.

Reply to
alan_m

This seems to a growing trend if they have your mobile phone or email information. (Either required if you want to be notified about delivery tracking).

It's not just how did we do but a product review as well.

Reply to
alan_m

As in 'Your service sucks, and I cant review the product because it never arrived' I have just spent an hour on the phone with customer services - not from the courier company, but from the manufacturer of the goods.

It seems the courier company is one of the few that will deliver heavy loads, are relatively new to them, and have been lying to me and them. They are saying they were outside my house at 4:30pm, But they phoned me at 10:30pm. At least I assumed it was them. Level of English was the worst I have ever heard. Probably a Russian deserter.

They (the manufacturer) claim they have organised shipment for Monday. Which the courier firm said was not possible.

We will see. ............................................................................. I once had an amazon delivery that never arrived. They claimed to have 'left in in the porch' which was a sliding door anyone could open. Amazon re shipped the goods.

A week later I noticed a package, soaked through, apparently thrown or blown into the middle of the garden near a collapsing pergola....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Er no. At least not with Evri.

Complaints about delivery delays, damaged goods etc are usually confined to Amazon revierws.

"One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest"

One Star reviews.

This DVD was scratched and wouldn't play on my dvd player.

Very badly packed and the case was broken.

And yes! One (other muppett) found this review helpful.

bb

Reply to
billy bookcase

Clive Page snipped-for-privacy@page2.eu wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Time limits for return rights are from date of delivery (if that ever occurs).

Reply to
fred