Even harder than drilling granite

Getting any sense out of Rod Speed

Reply to
williamwright

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, williamwright snipped-for-privacy@f2s.com writes

Why try? Go and feed the chickens, rotavate the garden or something else useful.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

But don't rotovate the bed with the japanese knotweed, like wot I did.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That is because the AI programme isn't yet good enough to simulate a real human's responses.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Tim Streater used his keyboard to write :

I keep adding him to the filter, but like knotweed he keeps reappearing. I don't understand it, my filter works just fine with all the others.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

does that make it worse?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well it does in as much as I started with one JN plant and ended up with a billion. I dug up the rootball (which filled a wheelbarrow), and burnt it, but I was getting JN shoots coming up every year for the next seven years or so. It's a bit like bindweed in that regard.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I used to think you were quite clever Bill. Not quite sure how you’ve managed to forget what a troll is.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

every little bit becomes a new plant.

Reply to
charles

Reply to
alan_m

Glyphosate controls it. You just need several doses.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That's what I spent 7 years applying, to each shoot as it came up. Since 1/4" of root will regenerate, you have to let them grow up enough to be visible and have leaves before applying it. A bit like spam, really. Let them send it to you, then you mark it as spam. After a while, your Baysian spam filter will know which subsequent mails to mark as spam.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You have got worse recently. Senile grumpy old man comes to mind.

Go on with your usual reply. You know you want to.

Reply to
Fredxx

An admission you f***ed up twice in a day. That in itself is hardly a record.

No, as anyone with an understanding of the English language would know, in addition to the stupid belief for "butane, that freezes too easily".

Perhaps you should stick to physical chemistry as English may not be your first language.

Reply to
Fredxx

he should stick to anything dangerous.

Reply to
Animal

Testing a sodium lamp?

Reply to
ARW

Good advice. But when I was a child I was the one who used like tormenting the thick kids.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Shut up you horrible man!

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Therein lies the problem. If only you'd dug up the JK...

Reply to
Richard

Curiosity piqued. Elucidate.

Reply to