Hermes dropped a parcel off for me

To the wrong building on the oppersite side of the road.

whisky-dave

I once had a parcel that was delivered to a place with the same number and road name but in a nearby town.

Reply to
nightjar

near enough is good enough ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I have seen letters come in here with totally the wrong address on them, so its probably not that unusual. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

All the parcel delivery companies seem to be unreliable, but my experience is that Hermes does a bad job almost every time. It's got to the point that when ordering anything online that will require a parcel delivery, I try hard to find out which company will do the delivery. If it's Hermes I shop elsewhere. If enough of us did that, the company might find the need to improve.

Reply to
Clive Page

Drivers under a lot of pressure to deliver as many parcels as possible. Many a time has Amazon told me they tried to deliver to my address but there was no one in, I was here at the time and they didn't even leave a card.

Reply to
Pent

I ordered an item on eBay last week, and it seems stuck with 'Collected by Hermes' so cancelled the order and went somewhere else.

I too, always avoid Hermes wherever possible.

Reply to
Fredxx

I have never had any problems with deliveries by DPD. Their driver did once turn up two minutes before the allotted time slot and had to ask me if I would accept an early delivery.

Sending stuff out, I used TNT, as theirs was the closest depot and I could drop stuff off. Again, I never had or had reported any problems with their deliveries.

Reply to
nightjar

As I and others have said elsewhere variations between delivery companies are far more due to local management and pressures.

That's not to say that, for you, avoiding Hermes doesn't make sense. However I doubt if generalising that country-wide would make sense.

Reply to
Chris Green

I think it may be very much down to where you live and if the courier has the same drivers long term for the rounds.

This year I've had a 5 parcels "lost" in transit. Luckily the the tracking shows that they have entered the system(s) but have not been delivered. My main gripe with more than one courier is that when the parcel does go missing the tracking continues to say that it will be delivered "today before 8pm" and will continue to repeat this information for weeks on end, even when I have had my money returned or a replacement delivered.

Reply to
alan_m

Yesterday the doorbell rang. In the time it took me to get from my kitchen to the front door the delivery driver was already pulling away in the van. The package was propped up in the middle of my front door for everyone passing to see. If the driver had moved the package a few feet it would have been completely hidden from passers by.

I do wonder how many packages are stolen from the doorstep?

Reply to
alan_m

Somewhere within Hermes there's a 5ft x 14lb crowbar rattling around ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Perhaps it is down to the individual sub-contractor to Hermes, for the guy here in Chippenham is very conscientious and will call again the next day if no reply is forthcoming.

Reply to
gareth evans