Does anyone have a Pillar Drill for sale?

Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks :) Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Hill

No harm in asking though, is there? It's not like selling things, which I think is definitely discouraged.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote: [...]

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

Reply to
TimW

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

whisky-dave

You saved the photo then?

TW

Reply to
TimW

Had to so I could sent it to a few friends that don't use FB.

I didnlt want to advertise the actual FB link in case it's a scam and as I don't like looking at FB links at work or expect others too.....

I do have one french female friend that is a gypsie/treverler type in France she has a few horses and an arty caravan and helps out at some animal shelter in france, she used to go to fetish clubs when she lived in London.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Don't be ridiculous.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

If it isn't too critical there are lots available new at reasonable prices. Machine Mart, B & Q, Toolstation have them at £80 to £100.

If you want second hand try the marketplace on Facebook. It's very good, fast moving, and lots of gear. It's far better than eBay.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Every time you call someone stupid it just makes everyone think that you are stupid.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I've been holding back recently

Reply to
TimW

There are a few on Gumtree or Ebay.

I have a bought new 500W Aldi device that was cheap, I think around £50-00.

It stalls a bit too easily though, but I may have the speed set too high.

One of those desireable things that only gets used twice a year.

I would imagine preloved or Gumtree are the best to monitor. I was going to upgrade, but after thinking of the duty cycle I thought sticking to the cash were a better plan.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

he whipped himself stupid long ago.

Reply to
tabbypurr

nominally no, but you may be incarcerated in a mental institution for it, ie imprisoned.

Reply to
tabbypurr

If it is the same as mine, which I paid £25 for a few years, when the store found couldn't they shift them to primarily food shoppers...

ALDI 500w Drill Press Workzone unboxing / assembly

... then that stalling is probably the intermediate pulley wheel in the transfer box has got stuck and just needs lube. If you have the motor belt tight (I do), then there is friction at the intermediate so I oil mine about twice a year. Great purchase, I've done a lot with mine.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

Reply to