Lidl - Parkside Bench Pillar Drill

I notice that Lidl are offering a new bench pillar drill as of 15/10/2020.

Parkside Bench Pillar Drill with Electronic Speed Control £ 149.00

Obviously derived from the Bosch PBD-40. (Or dreived from the same common source.)

I'd be interested in any opinions - either now or from anyone who buys one!

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Ho-ho - and Aldi!

Scheppach Digital Pillar Drill

polygonum_on_google

Possibly the only commonality is the colour of the plastic parts

Reply to
alan_m

I meant in terms of ideas/concept rather than physically.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I bought (a similar) one when it was £60. It seemed a good idea at the time, although I have barely used it.

Whilst it's a Bosch look-alike, I'm not convinced it's the same quality.

Reply to
GB

Much depends on what kind of wok you need to do - it has quite a small capacity by the looks of it.

Reply to
John Rumm

I have the older fixed motor speed one. It replaced a B&Q Performance Power one which broke the trades description act as the one thing it didn't have was power. Easy to stall on the lowest gear when using a hole saw, etc. The Lidl one is fine power wise - a much larger induction motor. But was smaller from chuck to bed. So made one out of the two - the pillar being the same diameter.

It's given sterling service - especially at the low price. Only real complaint is the on/off switch. If you don't push the off switch firmly, it doesn't latch on.

Looking at the latest one, I'd like a review from a trusted source before buying, since it's very different to a traditional pillar drill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Chow mein? :-)

Yes - it does look limited in that regard. I was in half a mind to remount the drilling bit somehow.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google