lidl bench drill

Hi, bought lidl bench drill last week for 50 but the holes to accept the handles to lower the drill are not threaded, should they be? Any info please.
Regards,
In article

If you mean the three rods with knobs on the end, yes. Haven't they got threads on their ends?
--
*Why isn't there a special name for the back of your knee?

Having bought one of these, I'd still like more maximum height between chuck and table - even although it is more than my old one. An extra inch or so would make all the difference. ;-)
The pillar is just welded seam tube of 46mm diameter which I'd thought in my ignorance would be a stock size - but Googling can't find it.
--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Could someone make a solid one on an industrial lathe?
In article

I'm sure you could but it would cost more than the drill. ;-)
--
*There's no place like www.home.com *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Do you know anyone with a good lathe scaffold tube is 48.3mm, would be quite easy to skim and polish off 2.3mm
Thus spake "Dave Plowman (News)" ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

A friend of mine tells me the Lidl drill appears to be almost identical to one he has, made by Sealey, <http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productidg68
and they supply extended drill pillars.
Disclaimer: he bought his 20 years ago :-)
--
Andy Clews
*** Remove DENTURES if replying by email ***
snipped-for-privacy@DENTURESsussex.ac.uk wrote:

<http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productidg68
That one shows a column diameter of 80mm, the SDM30 is 46mm though
<http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productidx96
Thus spake Andy Burns ( snipped-for-privacy@adslpipe.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

<http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productidx96
Oops. I should have checked before posting. My apologies.
--
Andy Clews
*** Remove DENTURES if replying by email ***

<http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productidx96
I'd expect one with a much bigger range to use a larger diameter column - but I'm not looking for that much more.
--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

<http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productidg68 > and they supply extended drill pillars.
The one in the pick has gear adjustment for the table - the Lidl one just a clamp. Which I'd guess makes the pillar design different.
--
*I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast *