lidl bench drill

Having bought one of these, I'd still like more maximum height between chuck and table - even although it is more than my old one. An extra inch or so would make all the difference. ;-)

The pillar is just welded seam tube of 46mm diameter which I'd thought in my ignorance would be a stock size - but Googling can't find it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Could someone make a solid one on an industrial lathe?

Reply to
Part timer

I'm sure you could but it would cost more than the drill. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Do you know anyone with a good lathe scaffold tube is 48.3mm, would be quite easy to skim and polish off 2.3mm

Reply to
Mark

Thus spake "Dave Plowman (News)" ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

A friend of mine tells me the Lidl drill appears to be almost identical to one he has, made by Sealey,

and they supply extended drill pillars.

Disclaimer: he bought his 20 years ago :-)

Reply to
A.Clews

That one shows a column diameter of 80mm, the SDM30 is 46mm though

Andy Burns

Thus spake Andy Burns ( snipped-for-privacy@adslpipe.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

Oops. I should have checked before posting. My apologies.

Reply to
A.Clews

I'd expect one with a much bigger range to use a larger diameter column - but I'm not looking for that much more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

The one in the pick has gear adjustment for the table - the Lidl one just a clamp. Which I'd guess makes the pillar design different.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News