Inconsiderate parking

Think this will help? This will be printed off and placed under the wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:

Side 2, facing inwards:

William Gothberg

Wankerson Sword Troll

Reply to
Simon Jester

As a cyclist you should appreciate that bad parking is annoying.

Reply to
William Gothberg

William Gothberg"

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Reply to
William Gothberg

In the UK, we have narrower roads than you. It's normal to park in a residential area on the road (either because you have a cheap shit house with no drive, or you're stupid enough to have more cars than drive space). But sensible folk all park on the same side, meaning you can easily get past. Parking on any side you like means you create a slalom to get round the cars, and each car takes up twice the space, as you need a gap between each.

Reply to
William Gothberg

Well this thread has gone off in all kinds of directions. firstly no point in having parking rules if nobody enforces them I know this as being blind I get pissed off a lot by footway obstruction either from large vehicles on footways with overhanging hard wing mirrors. I still bear the scars on my forehead. and people who buy cars longer than their front garden that overhang the footway and blind people encounter while shorelining the fence line, to name but two issues. I could very easily make a case against the individual I'm sure, under the bylaws, but really its the lack of enforcement which is the issue. rude signs do nothing but annoy folk, and several organisations actually make stickers with Pavements are for people on them etc, but none have ever resulted in any improvement. Much as in the rest of society, if there is no penalty involved people will ignore any law they like, often oblivious of its existence, but often if approached reasonably will admit they had never actually given any thought to what it might mean to any particular type of road user. If I had a tenner for every cyclist I know who has been hit by a car door being opened I'd be in the Bahamas. Cyclists themselves, however are not angels. Whenever they are allowed to share a surface they really should be more attentive and looking for white sticks and guide dogs instead of riding two abreast talking to each other or on their mobiles. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It had to happen.

The Peeler, William Gothberg, % and Rod Speed all arguing with each other within the one thread.

I agree with most of what you said. However as a driver I ignore any stupid cyclist who thinks he deserves the same width as a car, or cycles in a busy road when there's a pavement or cycle path neighbouring it! I also detest health and softy cyclists, bright green clothing, protective helmets, skin tight clothing to show the size of their c*ck to everybody, you'd think they were entering a war zone or something. Be thankful you can't see how utterly stupid they look.

Reply to
William Gothberg