Karcher K2 Vario Pressure Washer Lance

sorry to post again - didn't get a response last time.

Lance does not focus down any more to a really sharp fan jet.

I am wondering if something is missing from it. The hole in the white nylon nozzle seems fairly large.

Adjusting it changes the jet from feeble to no better than a thumb over a normal hose.

The other nozzle - the one with the rotating jet works fine.

Hoprefully someone has taken theirs apart and can let me know if I am missing something.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I *think* its only meant to go to a sharp fan jet. for the higher pressure use you do use the other nozzle. Having said that, 'no better than a thumb over a normal hose' does sound really feeble - are you sure there are no blockages anywhere? The K2, ready the specs, is quite a low pressure/low volume machine though.

Reply to
Mark Allread

I have used it in the past to clean my patio. It is now useless. I can see down the tube. I have dismantled it and checked the travel of the adjustment.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

You've probably already tried this, but as you haven't actually said so, have you tried poking a pin/needle up the hole in the white nylon bit? I had this problem and a pin sorted it, no need to dismantle.

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

A new end for the lance by the sounds of it ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wrote in news:7dKdncjFQN3 snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

I can see through the hole. Lots of flow - not enough restriction.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

This shows the innards.

I suppose it may be possible that the pump is not delivering enough Volume of water - but the other nozzle seems okay.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

If one nozzle works and the other doesn't, the machine is OK. John Rumm is right, needs a new one.

Reply to
TMH

TMH wrote in news:ogktpl$ite$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Not in my nature to just replace something without being able to understand what is wrong with it. They are quite costly for what they are.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Various Youtube videos of lances being dismantled Example

alan_m

At a guess, I would suggest the hole in the end of it is now too big... its been eroded by something - be that time, or grit, or whatever.

Reply to
John Rumm

I think that is all it can be - but I can't understand how the adjusment really works - perhaps by reducing the "by-pass" around the dise of the jet. On Youtube it looked as though the jet was brass. Mine is white plastic.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Or perhaps white plastic with a missing brass insert?

(I will look at mine next time I am in the garage, and post a photo for you)

Reply to
John Rumm

Here you go:

looks like it has a brass insert.

This lance:

John Rumm

I just looked at mine. I can see right through it too. It's not apparent how the adjuster works. Do you know some one who has one you can borrow & solve the problem by elimination?

Reply to
harry

Mine is identical but white plastic.

Reply to
harry

The whole lance, or the brass insert?

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes- I will have to borrow one.

The fact that some have brass jets implies that the plastic is inadequate - yet no-one sells spares.

I assume the adjustment works by allowing more water to bypass the main jet.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

e one who has one you can borrow & solve the problem by

did you see these?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

The whole thing is plastic.