Karcher Vario lance

My lance seems to have lost its ability to focus into a hard jet. I am wondering what could be the cause - the ither lance with the swirl thing seems okay so I guess the power unit is okay.
What could be wrong with the lance? Can anything wear?

hard water deposits?
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Wrote in message:r

It is just the opposite to being blocked - it does not form a focuessed hard jet.

Lime deposits can sit by or in the nozzles and deflect the water randomly.
--
Dave W

On 21/05/2020 17:47, John wrote:

Daft question, but have you tried turning the sleeved bit at the pointy end?
(on mine there is "non focused" setting designed to be used when applying soap via the pickup hose)
--
Cheers,

John.

Yes - it just doesn't seem to want to become a hard jet.

It is not blocked - it is too open!

The power unit doesn't even sound as it is coping with any pressure.
On 23/05/2020 19:18, John wrote:

Could just be you need a new lance... (perhaps it has "spat out" its constriction!)
--
Cheers,

John.