Inconsiderate parking

Think this will help? This will be printed off and placed under the wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:
Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yhlclh6/Parking%20page%201.jpg?dl=0
Side 2, facing inwards: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sogvc7e8whfcgz/Parking%20page%202.jpg?dl=0
On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?
I guess the best thing would be to ban all on road parking outside of specifically designated areas.

The diagram is simplified. There are in the street that annoys me most, 5 cars on one side and 1 on the other. It's clear that making 1 park on the other side to his house is better than making 5 park opposite.

I agree - people shouldn't own a car they don't have room for on their own property. I can fit 5 cars in my drive and own 1 (I've owned up to 3 in the past).
On 27/12/2018 11:36, William Gothberg wrote:

I'm inclined to agree with that. I understand that such a system is actually in use in some locations around the globe. Mainly large, crowded Asian cities (Tokyo? Singapore?), but something of the sort is needed in British and American cities, especially where the immediate housing form is a grid pattern of narrow terraced streets with little, if any, off-road garaging space.

It's still not much to do with bikes, though.

My street has drives for all the houses. My drive is unusually long and takes 5 cars (plus 1 in the garage if I didn't use it as a workshop). But most houses have room for 2 or 3 cars. Why buy a little house with a 2 car driveway if you can afford 5 brand new BMW 4x4s? Take that money, buy a mansion, and use older or cheaper cars! The mansion won't depreciate like the cars.
Anyway, there's enough room for people to park on the street if they all park on the same side. It's simple logic that parking randomly on both sides takes up twice the room, as you need a gap between each one for passing traffic to slalom through.

Cyclists will be inconvenienced by parked cars on roads.

They shouldn't have to if drivers used basic common sense.

It happens often here. I guess there's a lot of simpletons about.

Of course, what else?

There are 5 other cars. I doubt very much he's always first, especially as I've almost never seen the road empty.
On 12/27/2018 5:17 AM, Tom Evans wrote:

Needs a place to put your name and phone number so they know who placed it.

I don't think that would help. Then he'd just vent his anger at me instead of thinking about his own stupidity. Anonymous might have more effect.

I have common sense, unlike all you lot. Not one of you has come up with a counter argument against what I said - that parking on both sides USES MORE ROAD SPACE.

And I'll take that as an admission of your ignorance.
On 2018-12-29 10:33 a.m., William Gothberg wrote:

learn how to drive
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 17:40:22 -0000, William <Gothberg> wrote:

I'm talking about people PARKING, nothing to do with driving. He is taking up TWICE THE ROAD SPACE. Jesus, you lot really are dense.
William Gothberg wrote:

Prick.

Best you go read simpler posts, this is too intellectual for someone who can't reverse a van.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 18:54:15 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

[]

xposting idiot.
--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

As a cyclist you should appreciate that bad parking is annoying.
William Gothberg" <"William Gothberg wrote:

Prick.

PKB, you moan about pavement parking, pavement cycling, blah blah blah.