Door lock lube?

I see PTFE formula listed for such products as 3 in 1 Dry Lock lube and several others. So far I've been using little graphite tubes for door and building locks - usually spraying it on the key, inserting and turning a few times. The tubes very quickly run out of graphite and cost about $1.50. I'm thinking of switching to the 3 in 1 product instead. Any experiences or remarks before I do so?
TIA

I use AGS Lock Ease colloidal graphite solution when I need or want graphite in a lock. (https://www.lawsonproducts.ca/AGS/Lock-Ease-Graphite-Lock-Fluid/58570.lp )
seems ti be hard to find in that plastic bottle now - most everyone carries the aerosol instead. I'ce had my little plastic bottle for YEARS.
On 12/24/2018 12:46 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

I use the Lock-Ease aerosol and it works well. Two caveats: beware of the blowback and don't use it on bicycle locks with plastic internals. I can't remember when I bought the 3 oz can but it's still going strong.
says...

I recently upgraded all of the locks in my house to higher-quality Schlage models. I had a locksmith come out to rekey them, and mentioned that I'd been having trouble with the old locks sticking every few months. I'd always used graphite to lubricate them, and was surprised when the locksmith told me that he never used graphite and had serviced countless locks where he'd had to clean them out to get them working properly again after an overzealous application of the stuff.
His recommendation? WD-40. I'd always heard it was bad to use WD-40 on locks, but this guy, who has been a locksmith for more than 40 years, said he would use nothing else. YMMV.
--
Dave

My front door lock in my new house was sticking so badly I was worried about breaking the key trying to unlock it. I sprayed some WD-40 in every available crevice and streams of black gunk ran down the door. After that was all flushed out the lock worked fine.
-dan z-
--
Someone who thinks logically provides
a nice contrast to the real world.

wd40 nand stp collect dust, bad idea.

Fuck off, you're a fake William Gothberg, did you think I wouldn't notice?
On 12/26/18 10:37 AM, TimR wrote:

The Schlage website recommends dry graphite for deadbolt cylinder lubrication. Kinda' hard to second guess them, I'd think...
--
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the
naughty girls live.

I told ya so.

Fuck off, you're a fake William Gothberg, did you think I wouldn't notice?
Gothberg"@internet.co.is says...

Notice what?

Congratulations, you've replied to the Fake William Gothberg.
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 26 Dec 2018 07:37:28 -0800 (PST), TimR

I don't know about washing STP but in general Boraxo Powdered Hand Soap is the best. Mechanics' waterless cleaners are good too, but they don't seem to be by the sink.
says...

You're a Kwikset kinda man aint ya?
1

om>

ioned

sed

viced

ng

You have no right to use my name, you owe me 5 for every post you make.