Amazon Return (high value)

I got a returns address for a laptop computer from Amazon just before Christmas, so I packaged it up, printed labels and booked a collection by 'compare Parcels'. It was collected on the 27th December and delivered on the 28th @ 8:45am. Since then, I had heard nothing from Amazon about my refund. I phoned up customer services on the 5th of January to find out what was happening to my refund and spoke to someone in Asia, who assured me I would get my refund after 14 working days. She seemed unsure about the delivery and asked me for the name of the Parcel company and tracking number. I insured the package at great expense, but I wanted peace of mind that the parcel would get there. I am still waiting for this refund 18th January. I am wondering if the laptop has been 'mislaid' at Amazon returns Humberside.

Reply to
jon

I returned a cpu via the Post Office drop-off last week and haven't heard anything but checked the tracking code on the RM website a few minutes ago and it was delivered yesterday but that is not reflected on the Amazon site. Lately the return has been processed as soon as the item gets gets checked into the transport system but that didn't happen this time. Maybe they're overwhelmed with a post-Christmas rush.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Presumably you have a receipt from the courier saying they collected your package or alternatively acknowledgement from Amazon that they have the goods.

I guess your insurance premium (for loss or damage in transit) was paid to the courier company, although I'm not clear where this is provided on Amazon's online forms for a return.

It's unusual for Amazon to drag its feet about a refund, so I would contact Amazon customer services and do so every few days if necessary to find out what's happened. Ask for a supervisor to be involved if the CSR is too vague.

Perhaps Amazon's check to see if the laptop is working is backlogged???

Reply to
Pamela

Thanks, when I phoned customer services they asked for the courier and tracking number, which indicated to me that they had not booked it in. I am wondering if it has gone AWOL on their premises.

Reply to
jon

I returned a book via a local shop. The counter assistant wrapped and labelled it and said "that's all done!" The refund was in my account by the time I got home. (The shop was identified on the Amazon returns web page).

Reply to
Bob Martin

Delivered but where to?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

Yes, same here. Seems they can do it when they want . . .

Reply to
RJH

Notified that the refund had been processed today.

Reply to
Peter Johnson