Amazon again

I ordered an item of high value from a third party supplier on the Amazon platform. This was not covered by my prime account, so it was slightly cheaper. It was scheduled to be delivered by DPD on 21st/22nd guess what, it turned up on the 20th, but could not be delivered, because no delivery pin was sent. I contacted the supplier, who subsequently got DPD to supply a pin and it was scheduled for delivery on 21st between 16:00 and 17:00.

I checked around midday and the delivery had been cancelled, because DPD thought there had been a change of address requested, (that may have been a blind for the van breaking down). It is allegedly out for delivery today between 15:00 and 16:00, it will be interesting to see if it turns up.

As a point of interest Amazon didn't want to know about the delivery pin, saying it was a third party responsibility. Clearly the supplier did not know about DPD introducing this pin feature.

Reply to
jon

I had something sold by a marketplace seller, but fulfilled and delivered by amazon truck, he also forgot to ask for the one-time PIN

Reply to
Andy Burns

No.

Reply to
GB

I don't know about such a PIN.

I took delivery of a parcel via DPD this morning after ordering it on Amazon yesterday (admittedly with a Prime subscription) and the delivery man merely took my name and a photo of me with the delivery.

Reply to
gareth evans

I had a DPD 24 hour tracked delivery on Tuesday - no pin and the driver just took a photo of the package in his hand. If there had been a delivery dispute the photo wouldn't have identified my property or that the package had actually been placed in my hand.

Reply to
alan_m

Sorry, but I subsequently remembered that when we bought the dishwasher (several £100s) from Amazon and it was delivered by DPD we WERE emailed a PIN to be declared to the van driver at delivery.

Reply to
gareth evans

This morning the DPD man came. I don't normally dress in the house, except when it's cold. I answered the door and he took the regulation picture. I wonder if that picture is going the rounds somewhere. Bill

Reply to
wrights...

I had a pin for a high(er) value item delivered by Amazon once. Think it was a cpu. Only happened the once, so far, and obviously not unique to DPD.

Reply to
Peter Johnson