Why I like delivery by DPD

Parcel Status Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between

13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99. Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you. You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19 Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number 99. Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you. You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a mystery.

Reply to
djc

No mystery really. They are part of the same company and have similar customer interface. It is only the express service that gives you delivery numbers and minute by minute tracking but even the basic service give you an email early in the morning of the delivery day stating a 1 hour window for the delivery. I agree they are by far the best service as a recipient and must be competitive for trade senders. I've not tried using them as a private sender. Other carriers take note.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yes, I think someone else mentioned all this recently. I've had quite a few personal deliveries courtesy of their Predict service. I quite often walk out to the car park at work as the delivery vehicle pulls up, show ID and load the parcel straight into my car to take home.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yep, DPD seem to be the best (by far).

Unlike the completely useless Yodel. Ebuyer have been emailing me for the last 3 months offering me free next day delivery. Decide to use it yesterday and Yodel have failed to deliver.

Ebuyer can't explain why yodel are sitting on the parcel.

Grrrr...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

On Tuesday 07 January 2014 19:56 D.M.Chapman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

MobileFun have done the right thing - I choose from a list of NAMED couriers and delivery times with varying prices.

Needless to say I chose DPD and was very pleased to see the on the list.

*That's* the way it should be :)
Reply to
Tim Watts

They are a good service but about £1 per parcel more expensive than most other carriers on medium sized contracts (50-500 parcels/day). Somewhat more for smaller contracts as I recall.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In article , djc writes

13:22 Suman is currently taking a dump behind your front hedge. You can watch Suman taking a dump on our map.
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I've just ordered about 100Kg of assorted flours from Shipton Mill who use DPD... Free delivery for orders over 30! Apparently they have to box sacks of flour - wonder what a box with a 25Kg sack inside is going to look like...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Yeah we watched the driver deliver loads of parcels all across Chadderton before he got to us. Fun!

Reply to
mogga

Very reliable. I use Amazon Prime and have had 23 next day deliveries in the last 3 and a bit months, including 2 placed after 6pm, all without a single problem.

Reply to
rbel

mogga put finger to keyboard:

Maybe you have to 'Like' DPD on FB to increase your delivery priority.

Reply to
Scion