What does DHL mean: "We're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender" message (2023 Update)

Cut and paste

*We're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender.*

If there's no-one at home to sign for the parcel, the driver will try and deliver to your neighbour. Please select from the options below if you would like to re-arrange your delivery.

Rearrange your delivery Do you have a question about this shipment? Click here for help. Booking information

Your parcel 417556xxxxxx has been collected: 27/04/2020 Your parcel's journey Date Time Message

28th April 2020 07:21 Delayed 27th April 2020 14:04 *Your parcel 417556xxxxxxx has been collected*

So WTF IS the state of play?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message "We're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender" suggests that DHL has not yet received the package from the sender, and it is not in their possession yet. However, the message also states that your parcel with tracking number 417556xxxxxxx has been collected on the 27th of April 2020.

This message may indicate that there is a delay or an issue with the package being processed or transported to the DHL facility. The package is currently delayed and the delivery may be affected.

You can contact DHL customer support for more information about the status of your package and to re-arrange delivery or ask question about the shipment. You also can check the journey of your parcel, the status will be updated there.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor

Hard to tell. You may have to ring them up and speak to a human.

Last time I had bother it was "we tried to deliver but you were out".

This seemed highly unlikely to me since we were *snowed* in and the roads into and out of the village were blocked by large snowdrifts!

The main worry for yours is that someone has collected it in error.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Who knows? But it's not just DHL.

We were expected a package to be delivered by Royal Mail, and had been tracking it. We had been in all morning when around midday I got an email saying the package had been delivered and hour earlier. Except it hadn't. Nobody rang the doorbell, There was nothing in the letterbox - no package (which was small enough to go through it) and no note saying it had been left outside, with a neighbour, or returned to the depot for collection. A wasted half hour on the RM website suggested I contact the sender, so I emailed them.

Early that evening our neighbours came round with the package, informing us that their 4-year old daughter had found it on their doorstep! (I didn't go round there to check as we are over 70 and one of them is a doctor working in hospital, and I really didn't want t risk any unnecessary exposure). I reported this to the sender who is apparently taking it up with RM.

Good luck with that!

Reply to
Jeff Layman

The sender sees a different tracking log, which should show 1) Consignment created, 2) Consignment collected, 3) Then all the depots it goes through. Have found , as a sender that their CS phone service is helpful but whether you can use it is a different matter !!

Reply to
Robert

Got to give RM credit in our village. The regular delivery men know us all by first name. Same for Hermes. If there's a parcel for my daughter at the other end of the village and she's not in the parcel is brought to our house. Other companies vary significantly!

Reply to
Cynic

The issue here is not that it hasn't turned up, but the website has conflicting information on it.

I had a somewhat worse experience with an amazon delivery. It was, they claimed ' left in the porch'. Now there was perfectly good porch with a sliding door, but it wasn't in there. I claimed it had never been delivered, and replacement items were sent. Weeks later I found a soggy package under a hedge where the wind had blown it..after Amazon had presumably 'thrown it in my general direction'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I doubt it.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

If you can find one! My experience with most courier companies is you are lucky to find a number most do not want you to contact them that way and at best offering an email only service which they will only answer after 48 hours.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Your parcel is, erm somewhere in the UK? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Stolen!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I think the usual reason is the warehouseperson is scanning a load of parcels as one status, then picks up your parcel and forgets to reset his scanner to whatever your parcel's status is.

In particular if it's coming from a parcel shop and the driver scans it as a drop-off rather than a pick-up.

Or throws it in the wrong cage and it gets temporarily de-tracked.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Given that this was two years ago, they've probably given up by now.

Reply to
bob

The message usually mean that its been lost or stolen

Reply to
alan_m