DHL delivery

I am expecting a shipment, and I am told that it is being delivered by DHL today. DHL's tracking website tells me so. But it gives no indication of when, not even morning or afternoon, just 'Today'. Surely they can have some vague idea of when it will arrive? There is an option available to instruct them to leave it without a signature. Yeah, right, especially as my front door opens right onto the road. As part of the procedure for enabling this option I find this:

"I hereby accept the DHL Terms and Conditions and authorise DHL to deliver my shipment as specified. I release DHL and my Shipper from all liability for any loss or damage that may result from delivering the shipment according to my request."

The irony is that it is an anti-theft device.

Somehow, I think I'll just stay home until it arrives. And I have CCTV watching the front door, so they won't be able to say "Nobody home" unless they actually knock on the door. This does not give me confidence in DHL.

Reply to
Davey

At least they may deliver it today.

Last Monday I had a tracking email from Royal Mail saying package would be delivered on Tuesday (8am to 7pm). Tuesday morning a email confirmation that the package would be delivered today (Tuesday). Later that day I had another email from RM about a different package to say it would be delivered on Wednesday with a confirmation email the next morning (Wednesday). Both packages were delivered on on Thursday.

I wouldn't mind about late deliveries if the truth was told about the delays. 48hour deliveries seem to be taking 5 working days.

Around my way I think RM have abandoned daily deliveries, both post and packages. I'm currently awaiting other packages in the RM system that the sellers claimed to have posted more than a week ago.

Reply to
alan_m

Here, East Anglia, mail deliveries on Saturdays are rare, but otherwise, there are no problems. And my DHL package arrived at 12:32, delivered in a plain white van, driven by a man.

Reply to
Davey

Yes, RM parcel service has become dreadful, at least around here. Some couriers give better and more reliable timeslot info than others.

Reply to
newshound

Not here ... ordered from eBay last monday, 48h tracked service, looks like seller printed the label same day, dropped it to RM in Darlington on tuesday, delivered in Leicester on wednesday.

9 Feb 2022 12:47pm DELIVERY RECORDED 9 Feb 2022 7:16am SORTED FOR DELIVERY 8 Feb 2022 11:48pm ITEM SCAN 8 Feb 2022 12:22pm ITEM SCAN 7 Feb 2022 1:21pm ITEM ADVISED 7 Feb 2022 12:00am DAY A 7 Feb 2022 11:15am Tracking number provided
Reply to
Andy Burns

Is DHL one of those where you have to wait for it to leave the despot before you get a delivery time slot?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

There was no timeslot information. Just 'Today'. Other couriers here usually give a 2-hour slot.

Reply to
Davey

Somebody just invented something called a SHOP where you can click and collect

Reply to
Just Jim Dandy

Received an email from DHL this morning advising me of a delivery due tomorrow, between 11.15-15.15, so it may depend on the service paid for by the sender. DPD usually notify time of delivery when the van leaves the depot but have turned up without advance notification. And last week one Royal Mail delivery turned up a day late, at 7.30pm, while another one arrived a day early so I think that makes them quits. And as for the ordinary mail, I renewed my driving licence online on Thursday and the new one arrived today, also in Leicester.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

No it's not all bad news then.

Reply to
ARW

What you need is a cell. IE two metal doors which lock when the person enters the first door, then when they are trapped you can get a signature done and unlock the outer door. However you must post your terms and conditions on the wall outside to avoid a false imprisonment charge. grin Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Nice idea, but I doubt whether any delivery driver would risk entering the cell! It's worth thinking about, though.

Reply to
Davey