speedy delivery

Ordered an impact wrench from FFX last night at 10:15pm it said "about to be dispatched" at 23:50, which I interpreted as "we've printed the shipping label" as several people do.

but it's just arrived by royalmail at 4:15pm pretty good for "free" delivery Lympne to Leicester.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I was quite impressed when, a few years ago, I ordered an HP laser printer one day and it arrived the next - having been sent from Switzerland.

Reply to
nightjar

That's very good, isn't it.

Suppliers are almost over-competing to deliver things faster than most people really need them. Amazon will deliver some cheap items to me by

1PM tomorrow, if I order by about 2.30 AM.
Reply to
GB

That is nothing...I got something delivered before I ordered it

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Lots of people have had things delivered that they never ordered too !. Some sort of scam to collect 'good' reviews.

Reply to
Andrew

I sometimes import from Florida. The shipper offers Fedex priority or economy. The difference is often only four or five dollars so I usually pick priority. I order day one AM UK time (so long as I do it by lunch UK time) and it departs the shipper later that day. It gets to Memphis by late evening that day and departs early next morning to Stansted where it arrives about 1900 UK time. The import dues have been prepaid by the shipper so it goes, almost immediately from Stansted to a Fedex depot in Ridgmont, Bedfordshire and from there to my local depot which is in Poole, Dorset. It arrives here about lunchtime - about 55 hours door to door. Great circle distance from origin to here about 4350 miles (actual distance a bit more). Average speed seems to be about 80mph.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

Was it a Prime subscription? :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Be prepared for daily email offers from FFX :( I ordered an item from them and have had an email a day since. These mails go automatically into my spam folder unread so it rather defeats their attempt at advertising.

Reply to
alan_m

I've always been impressed by FFX. They are near enough that I could drive down there in an emergency, but they are so quick that I've never needed to.

Definitely one of my 'go to' places.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've bought from them before, they don't seem too much hassle, and £20 cheaper than the rest.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You can unsubscribe.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The other day I ordered a very small item from China. Only took a few hours to start tracking. About two days to get to the UK. Then ten days to reach me - arriving Saturday morning.

And Royal Mail tracking it completely useless. It still hasn't left Atherstone RDC or been delivered according to them.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I got some sort of red hanging string thing....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

yes about half a dozen times....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

don't trust a company that tricks you into buying things....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...