Hopeless delivery tracing DPD

I ordered an item on Thursday and it was sent out same day, with next day delivery by DPD. This is the sequence of delivery as it was advised...

Thursday advised twice it would be delivered Friday around 11am Friday afternoon advised it would not be delivered until 11am Monday. Saturday, this morning, confirmed 11am Monday. Saturday I have just been advised it will be delivered today between

10:40 and 11:40
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Would the package be travelling through any of the flooded areas by any chance? I find DPD to be the most reliable of the courier services and would expect that sort of problem only if there were some sort of external problem that was beyond their control.

Reply to
nightjar

nightjar used his keyboard to write :

It would not have to, Crewe to Leeds.

They suggested the collected it on Thursday, now they changed that to having collected it Friday - which suppose helps it meet the next day delivery.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Hope your package has arrived by now! I wonder if DPD's online tracking service would have given advance notice of non-delivery.

Reply to
pamela

That almost certainly means:

Day 1: Crewe to central distribution depot Sort overnight Day 2: Central distribution depot to Leeds

So a lot will depend upon where their central distribution depot is and what routes are blocked by flooding.

Reply to
nightjar

pamela formulated on Saturday :

It arrived this morning, but...

I ordered a set of four colour laser cartridges and the sender omitted the red one, so I have had to message the seller. The red (magenta) was the worst of the set I have in at the comment.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Maybe the supplier booked the collection on thursday, but then didn't have your parcel ready for handover when DPD arrived that day, so it waited until the next day's collection?

Reply to
Andy Burns