Ebay DPD tracking

Ebay's version of DPD tracking cheerfully tells me

It's on its way.

Dispatched Step 1 - Completed - Dispatched Thu 2 Jan ... Step 4 - Upcoming - Estimated delivery Sun 1 Mar

DPD tells me it'll be delivered "Friday". Not which Friday, though.

It occurred to me today that the usual new year mistake of dating a cheque with the previous year is now unlikely to occur.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Typical for an Ebay seller sending from China via a container load by ship. Chinese sellers typically lie about delivery dates being in days rather than weeks.

Reply to
alan_m

March? Where is it coming from Mars? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

This is a genuine seller in Herts.

It's now arrived in Uddingston so should be with me today. Ebay still thinks March though.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The 1s March/3rd Jan confusion sounds like an unexpected european or American date parsing failure.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

You might be right on that!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I was thinking that as I've had a similar problems using google sheets even though I've set UK english when I type a UK date in an american calnader comes up and the cell defaults to US rather than UK date format. Think I've solved it by selecting the cells them setting the date format.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Which is why experienced developers know to use Julian format.

Reply to
Jethro_uk