Threeway woodworking jig

If someone came out with a three-way jig to be able to drill a center hole in a one-meter square board impossible to do with a standard drill press, then turning the jig and ending up with a drum sander and mini-lathe all in one jig only using a normal electric drill. Is this something you would be interested in and it comes in a plat pack DIY kit?

Reply to
Theo Fred Baker

What happens if the board is 1.1m?

Have I EVER needed to drill a hole in a 1m sq board? No.

I guess the lathe might be useful.

Would I pay lots for this kit? No.

Reply to
GB

In principle sure. Lots of holes need ot be centred, drum sanders and lathes are useful on occasion. The real question for the buyer is whether the price is worth it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It would also depend a bit on if it relies on the drill's bearings for these alternative roles. In the past I have found drill attachments to only really suited to very occasional use, and even then without any finesse.

Reply to
John Rumm

How would the drilling part differ from something like:

?

Reply to
nothanks

I have version of one of those. Its not great. The springs on mine are too weak to support the drill off the work surface and the thing is generally clumsy to use. It just sits on the shelf

Reply to
fred