Solution for slidey carpet stairs?

Deennee <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85 snipped-for-privacy@example.com Wrote in message:

Nails

Reply to
Jimk

Carpet tacks...

Reply to
Jimk

Hi, My stair carpet has become slidey over the years so looking for a solution without losing the carpet. I looked up nosing but the angle of the nosing probably wouldn?t work with the way the carpet has been fitted (the edges are too rounded) Are there any other solutions suitable? Eg non slip tape which can be attached to carpet? I couldn?t find anything on google :(

Deennee

Trainers.

Reply to
GB

When you say slidy, do you mean the carpet is moving or just that the pile is slippery? Normally, the strips it is pused down on will stop it sliding but if you mean the pile, then its probably worn. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

You can paint the floor or the underside of the carpet with rubbery anti-sliff stuff.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Start by telling us what you mean by 'slidey'. The picture doesn't show the problem.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Stair rods, get the carpet relaid, or get new carpet.

Reply to
John Kenyon

Or if the pile surface has become slippery, then clean it, it might have several years of shoe polish residues and crud from feet trampled into it.

Reply to
Andrew

I'm nor sure if that is a serious suggestion!

When we had a bit of a problem in our old house, I used a heavy duty stapler to fix the carpet. No need to relay the carpet and the stables bury themselves in the pile - may need a bit of assistance with a hammer - so that, unlike nail heads, they are completely invisible.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Still no response from the OP. So most people ignore hoh posts.

Reply to
tabbypurr