Basement Carpet for stairs...

I am ready to replace the basement stairs carpeting. The existing carpeting has worn well for 20 years - but now it is time to go. The existing carpet is some type of indoor-outdoor, rubber backed variety. My local carpet dealer says they no longer make that type of carpet (rubber backed).

To make things more difficult the stairs are 37" wide (sigh).

The stairs themselves are really "rough" and painting just is not an option.

Any other solutions....Thanks! Kent

(Love this group!)

Reply to
mcfriendly

Other types of carpet, rubber/vinyl stair treads, laminate, engineered hardwood, new treads that are smooth and can be painted, new carpet dealer. I cannot imagine that a carpet dealer would not have plenty of alternatives for you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

as of a couple years ago home depot had rubber backed indoor outdoor low cost carpet......

your dealer may want only high end stuff not really needed for basement carpet

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
buffalobill