Quick onecall/cpc/farnell delivery

Sent off an order to oncall just after 6pm yesterday (25th Jan) and the 3 stepper motors, SD card, a USB charger plug and 5 leads have all arrived before midday today (26th jan).

Now that is impressive I'd say.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Same here with Rapid. Order value about 35 quid, so free postage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If I can't find some small item (electrical or not) which I put somewhere in the house, then it's often easier to get an new one delivered in a day than spend hours looking for it.

I practically use Amazon's warehouse as an extension of my own storage space. I try to tell myself it's efficient not lazy. :)

Reply to
pamela

we sent off a rapid E. order at the same time.

4 orders in fact. amazon, digikey, farnell, coolcomponents all sent off just after 6pm yesterday, so far only farnell has arrived.

Rapid normally take longer than a day unless you get the order off before about 3pm then it arrives next day hopefully.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Reply to
Huge

*curtsey*
Reply to
pamela

About 20 years ago I once ordered a timer relay from RS - cost about £20, plus £90 delivery! But it was delivered 60 miles away from their depot within 90 minutes and got a bakery production line up and running!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

But did you pay for "next day, before noon"? B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Possibly it is if it contained no lithium batteries or aerosols.

In years past Farnell (as in Farnell not CPC) iirc used to have a 7pm cutoff for next day delivery, RS were 8pm and in the case of Farnell that included items being delivered from their Liege warehouse.

More recently a Farnell order placed Thursday around 10am was despatched at something like 1am Saturday and actually delivered late on Monday morning despite all lines being from stock held in the UK. Fecking useless for what was going to be a weekend job. But that's (now) Swiss efficiency for you.

Reply to
The Other Mike