Beware Amazon

Ordered jacket.

Arrived wrong size.

Now its going to cost me £40 to return it to China.

It was far from obvious on the Amazon site the source was in China

Reply to
fred

Speak to Amazon in the first instance.

If they refuse to help, try your credit card company.

Provided you ordered the correct size you should not have to pay.

Reply to
Brian
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Have you rung Amazon? I had a similar thing and they let me return it to them. Emailed me a returns label, put the money back in my account.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

+1. Say what you will about Amazon, I've not had a problem with their returns, even in some quite unlikely situations.
Reply to
RJH

Normally one of two things occurs with this. 1, you talk to Amazon market place, they refund the money, say keep it and send another one of the right size if you want to trust them or..

  1. They arrange for a pick up. Myself, I did the latter with them and although it was a faff with labels and codes needing to be printed and affixed in the fullness of time I got a working item.

However if the item is something like a cheap dongle, then its probably not worth it!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Did he buy it on a credit card?, and if so who took the actual payment? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I have no way of establishing the size as the label is in Chinese)

Reply to
fred

just get a refund for deception

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Got an android phone?

<https://lens.google>
Reply to
Andy Burns

Google translate will translate it.

Reply to
lkpo

That's why I never buy clothes from any online store / website

Reply to
RobH

My employers Amazon account was recently hacked. Despite my pressing the "Deny" button on the warning email for a new login, they managed to let the miscreant change all the emails and order a bunch of stuff.

Now, because we can't provide the new email address, they've sat on their hands and done f*ck all. I have 160 minutes of phone recordings with their security "experts" where they have repeated promised to unwind the changes to the account to the original email so we can recover the account.

Of course because we have not been able to secure the original account, we have no idea how the f*ck the miscreant managed to get in. All I know is the 2FA on the account didn't work *and* Amazon do not act when you click "deny" if you receive a warning email.

However in my personal experience, Amazon are flawless. Never had an issue.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Clothes are where online shopping is at it's weakest. Mainly because there is no real objective sizing to work to.

This is another case where "the market" we are supposed to worship slavishly (and I use that word deliberately) just doesn't work. We need some sort of agreement on sizing and standards. And that's before you tackle the weaselly "fits" in sizing description. Because yes, a 17" collar will "fit" me when I have ordered a 16". Where the collar of the delivered shirt measures 17" (but *says* 16" ....)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The marketplace retailer is scamming you.

"The returns policy offered by Marketplace sellers must be equivalent to or better than the returns policy offered by Amazon.co.uk

International Return Policy

If you order from a Marketplace seller who dispatches from a location outside the UK, Amazon?s return policy requires that international Marketplace sellers must provide one of the following:

A return address within the UK A prepaid return label A full refund without requesting the item is returned

If a seller doesn't offer these methods to return your items, you may file an A-to-z Guarantee claim to seek help with your return."

Get on to Amazon.

In the future try and distinguish between what is

1) Sold by Amazon 2) Fullfilled by Amazon 3) Marketplace

The first one, it is rare to get messed around with.

The better option to all this is not to play. Amazon is a setup of trip wires best suited to the internet savvy who know exact;y what they are are clicking (e.g. Avoiding Prime signup).

Others will just get ripped off.

The Internet is awash with plenty of other traders, or choose an actual bricks and mortar shop who will be pleased to see ya.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Is that Amazon or Amazon Marketplace? They're very different. Marketplace is just ebay-with-higher-prices, with goods supplied and returns handled by the merchant.

Amazon customer service is a bit useless for anything not on the script (think they're in the Philippines now) but I'd look carefully at the listing for anything that was not properly described (including the returns address) and contact them. Don't be afraid to stand your ground because first line CS are beholden to the script and they will probably try and wiggle out of it.

Good luck...

Theo (for whom all this stuff about Amazon having good customer service is but a distant memory)

Reply to
Theo

I buy a lot from china. Yes, if its rubbish you may not be able to claim a refund - mostly it isn't, though.

the trick is to look at delivery times. If its over 2 weeks, its probly china.

(mind you my last purchase from woolovers UK was never acknowledged and arrived 3 weeks later)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1, your dispute is with Amazon. FWIW on the very limited number of times I have done returns their procedure has been faultless (even recently when it was my mistake).
Reply to
newshound

It can work fine if you know what "non-standard" size regime they are using. Small/medium/large can mean very little unless a actual measurement is stated. Extra large in Asia may be the equivalent of small in the USA :)

Reply to
alan_m

Very strange that 2FA was circumvented.

Reply to