Amazon orders 100,000 electric delivery trucks,

Those are people who are slipping the cash in their pocket, not telling their accountant, the IRS or their wife ;)

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, and every one of us would do the same given the opportunity. Over the years I've known people that never had a job but yet live very well just "helping" their neighbors.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Trump brought business profits back home with their tax by lowering business taxes.

I admit to be annoyed that my former employer paid less in taxes than I did on my pension. The company had made billions but structured it to appear out of the country where business taxes were lower.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Local hardware store gives 5% discount to seniors all the time. I always pay them in cash.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Bullshit with all of GE, Apple, Amazon, Murdoch etc etc etc.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I didn't look at the primers or powder. During the last idiocy I dusted off my old recipes for Herco. Everybody thinks shotgun but it's versatile.

Out of curiosity I went to the Midway site. Looks like primers are unobtanium unless you're loading .50 BMG.

Reply to
rbowman

Primers and bullets seem to be almost unobtanium for most hand guns and rifles that are any where near popular. There does seem to be lots of powder.

I usually go to gun shows around here and pick up the powder and primers due to the high has mat charge. I like to look around and see if there are any bargains. Most of the time I can go on line and beat many of the items.

I just do not under stand how I can order all the loaded bullest and shot gun shells I want or can afford at one time, but seperate primers or powder trips that hasmat charge.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Hazmat is strange. Pristine new car batteries are hazmat. 45,000 of leaking junk batteries going back for recycling aren't.

I forget which brand it is but one of the primer people use a huge plastic holder that would survive a bomb blast. They're a pain in the butt to dump into the tray. Given a choice I stick to CCI or Wolf. I've got nothing against those assorted Russian animals but I think some of them are under those stupid sanctions.

IZH Baikal makes some fine pellet rifles and pistols but they're part of the dreaded Kalashnikov group and are banned.

Reply to
rbowman

I built a lot of stuff and I hire subs for things I don't want to or just can't do myself (concrete and masonry mostly). There are always 2 prices. Regular contract and cash. Cash usually happens off hours and I buy all the materials. There is no paper trail of anything except the materials and they end up at me. That also helps me keep the price on the C of C down. (The FEMA 50% deal).

Reply to
gfretwell

Oil exploration, advertising, R&D, etc = deductable cost of doing business.

Bottom line of any business tax return is: Gross income minus cost of doing business (overhead). Leaves you with net income which you are taxed on.

Reply to
Gary

I see Cabela's has CCI small pistol at our store for $4.49/100. Seems high to me. They also have BMG. Those things cost 50 cents per primer. The only other primer in the store is Federal large rifle. Things are tight.

I was using Alliant shotgun powders like Herco, Red Dot and Blue dot in pistols. I could find none in the Obama period. The only suitable pistol powder I found was Titegroup. Now I use it all the time for plinking as only small powder weights are required and a pound goes a long way. Does not matter that it does not fill the case.

I get my bullets from SNS Casting. Good prices and shipping costs are low when they use small USPS boxes. Mentioned before that it is funny to see postman struggling with small box. A glance at their website says they are struggling as is the rest of the industry:

Might mention that the large pistol Tulammo commie primers I bought work fine. Size is proper but they seem a little heavier to seat and may have slightly thicker metal or different alloy.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Tax laws could be written differently. They weren't received from God on stone tablets.

It's just a thought experiment, anyway. We have the best legislators that money can buy.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I was buying cast from Matt Dardas but I think he's gone. Same deal, all you could fit in a $10 flat rate box, which was close to 50 pounds for a careful selection of 9 and .45.

I liked Berry's too. They're a little more expensive but they're a lot cleaner to handle and shoot.

Reply to
rbowman

Tax laws are written in jello. It often depends on who answers the phone when the government people are called for some answers.

I am all for the flat tax and no deductions, but that will never hapen.

There are so many loop holes that the very rich pay very little tax. It is just the middle class that pay most of the tax.

There are ways like the Clinton foundation where you put the family members on the staff and the money just goes around in a big circle so little tax is paid.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Berry's are OK but when shooting lead it is a bad idea to make the load hot. That is what can cause bad leading. I believe Berry also advises not to load hot as layer of brass is thin.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

They usually cost more by the 100 count. I always buy by the 1000.

The $ 50 per 1000 does not seem too bad but somewhat high. The last I bought were $ 30 per thousand a little over a year ago at a gun show, tax included. Saw a box on the shelf from 1995 and they were $ 12.

Probably not too big of a demand for the BMG primers.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I usually get the Berry's and Reineire ( I know I mispelled that) as they are hard cast and plated for the 9 mm and 40 cal. Not sure about the lead hard cast .357 SWC I use as they are bulk picked up at gun shows. They work well over about 5 to 6 grains of Unique or Green Dot in my revolvers. A good mild target load and don't lead the barrles very much. Still have a box or two with a 1000 in them.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I always buy 1,000 too and suspect Cabela's has opened all the packs to sell as 100. Surprised that BMG does not just use a large rifle primer.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Back when I had a range in the basement and was shooting almost every day I was getting bullets from an IBM guy who just liked making them as a hobby. I would take him lead, mostly wheel weights and he was selling me 149gr wad cutters for a penny each. (sometimes less if I had more lead than bullets) Primers were about a penny each too and a can of Bullseye was almost a lifetime supply. (~2.5gr per load or over 2700 shots per $7 can) It was cheaper to shoot my .38 than .22rf.

Times have changed I guess.

Reply to
gfretwell

Fraid not