Missing delivery

A friend, who lives in one of five flats in a house, ordered some stuff from Amazon. It was apparently delivered, as Amazon has a photo of it on the front doorstep of the building. It was not there when she arrived home later, and nobody else knows anything about it. All building occupants are friendly. Is it now lost? Does proof of delivery to the doorstep constitute proof of delivery to the person?

What is her best course of action, to just persevere with Amazon that she never received it, and proof of delivery to the building is not proof of delivery to the person? The driver might even have taken it him/herself.

Reply to
Davey

tell Amazon it was never received.

2 incidents: 1 Amazon delivered to me recently. They rang the bell and said 'your parcel is here'. That is what they should do. 2 Amazon claimed they had delivered and 'left the items in the porch', The porch had a sliding door with no lock. The items were not in the porch. I claimed and got replacement items. 4 weeks later I found a soggy mess where it had been blown by a gale up against the hedge. It was the original parcel.

A small loss or earnings is better than massive adverse publicity.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'd say that depending on the cost of the item, you could if cheap put it down to an opportunist thief and get the building owner to install some secure parcel delivery device, or just argue that with no signature any picture could just be fabricated and without the driver actually calling the recipient its hardly your fault if it gets stolen. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

The delivery was not made to the flat, or I presume not left outside the entrance to the flat itself.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Correct, it was left outside in the communal outdoor porch.

Reply to
Davey

Update:

" No joy on locating the parcels but Amazon have refunded me with no questions so have re-ordered."

Not a bad outcome.

Reply to
Davey

I thought they would, as anyone can take a picture, but with no witnesses at the building its a bit like the old joke If I get there first, I'll make a chalk mark, if you get there first you can rub it out. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)