Rant: Ledhut order fulfilment process is a shanbles

I ordered some LEDs on 48 hour delivery, received an email saying they'd be delivered on a certain day so hung around for them - nothing arrived. It's now 10 days and the "help" line can't tell me when they'll be delivered because they're changing warehouse. I can't get the plasterboard on the ceiling until I get the LEDs. This is the first time I've tried to deal with Ledhut, and it'll be the last. I needed to let-off steam.

Reply to
nothanks

I had a bad experience with them too. Shoddy product. some arrived dead others soon failed an all flickered under dimming although they were supposed to be dimmable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was impressed when I first used them but their guarantee is not as good as it seems. Transfered my allegiance to lightbulbs direct and had no problems.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

<quote>

If there was a ZERO star I would use it. Have been a trade customer of LEDHUT for many years and have spent several thousands of pounds. In the early days any dud lamps were changed without question. Tried today 03/10/19 to get a faulty LED panel replaced and as they were taken over by 'Supreme 88 Ltd' no liabilities, guarantees or claims were transferred. I was given the details of the administrators KPMG.

<quote>

All the reviews on the first page are dire. Many say they were good before but now ignore complaints.

michael adams

michael adams

dad had all 5 dimmable ones fail in the lounge within 12 months (they were installed cap down so should have been less prone to overheating)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I ordered some bulbs from

on 14th October. I did not get an email confiring the order and the bulbs still have not been sent out. One of the worst online purchase suppliers I have dealt with. The order is shown when I log into their website.

Reply to
Michael Chare

<quote>

If there was a ZERO star I would use it. Have been a trade customer of LEDHUT for many years and have spent several thousands of pounds. In the early days any dud lamps were changed without question. Tried today 03/10/19 to get a faulty LED panel replaced and as they were taken over by 'Supreme 88 Ltd' no liabilities, guarantees or claims were transferred. I was given the details of the administrators KPMG.

<quote>

All the reviews on the first page are dire. Many say they were good before but now ignore complaints.

michael adams

michael adams

Ah, hadn't twigged that LEDhut now is different from LEDhut then

"2019 - The Next Chapter in Our Story

On 14th June 2019, after several months of stock and financial problems finally resulting in the company entering administration, Supreme 88 Ltd acquired certain assets of LED Hut Fulfilment Services Ltd.

We at Supreme are dedicated to restoring faith and trust back to the LED Hut name and restoring LED Hut as the leading provider of both consumer and commercial LED lighting in the UK. "

That's them off the list then ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Indeed. What's confusing is that on the Google listing page, on some sites they appear to get a good overall score 5 or 4,5 out of 5 stars etc. However on opening those sites all the latest reviews are uniformly poor and clearly the problems haven't been sorted out.

michael adams

michael adams

In fairness the "permanent bulb" downlighters I recently ordered on John Rumm's recommendation arrived promptly and are fine so far. It's nice to have a built in "colour" switch because I wasn't sure what would be best in my slightly odd hall. But it is good to be warned now.

Reply to
newshound

Had no problem with their service or the products in the past . But Now been waiting 18 days, after they received the returned goods, for a refund not good !!

Reply to
Robert

They are (or were) idiots. I returned lightbulbs (due to excessive electrical interference) and she said they had not been received. Fortunately the were sent Recorded Delivery / Signed For. I sent a copy of the electronic proof of delivery. She argued this did not mean the package had been delivered; it just meant it was taken to the sorting office. I asked about the signature and she said she did not know that person.

Reply to
Scott

You've time travelled to November!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Only on GigaNews it would appear. I was checking calendar dates for next month and must have forgotten to reset it, (which obviously can't possibly happen using Linux or a Mac) So I gained a month but also strangely a couple of hours. I always imagined all NewsServers had filters to prevent that sort of thing; as otherwise there'd be nothing to stop attention seekers buggering things up by permanently hogging the top of the listings.

michael adams

All the other news servers have filters

Reply to
michael adams

Doesn't happen on Windows either unless I switch off auto clock setting. Why would you need to do that to "check dates"?

Attempting to post in November using Altopia....

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Looks like my newsserver allows it too. Why on earth haven't the spammers noticed this ability?

P.S. I just buggered up my BOINC. It thought all the tasks were overdue and aborted them all, oh well, it downloaded more.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey