That Amazon whinge

Seems more and more items that are "guaranteed delivery <date>" are quietly slipping (after order, naturally) to <date>+1 day.

Luckily with SWMBO housebound for now, being in for delivery isn't a problem. But if delivery times are based around being in, I've found myself having to use a nearby locker location. And even that can slip by a day.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Not finding that here. Further, for reasons best known to themselves, they're giving me free delivery on everything with no £20 minimum. And no, I hadn't clicked on Prime.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just received yet another Amazon next day delivery a day late.

I am out at work 3 days a week and my wife is disabled too. Unfortunately, her meds make her very tired and she spends much of the day in bed, either dozing or reading - and if the doorbell rings, she can't get down the stairs fast enough. Earlier in the week, one item ended up delivered in the Blue bin ... which it too deep for her to reach in and too heavy for her to tilt over! It's a good job she doesn't live alone.

Reply to
SteveW

And just for a topper only one of two items that have been recorded as "handed to resident" has been handed to me. God alone knows where the other order has got to. Luckily it's not too much (£5.82). But still.

maybe they need to stop union bashing and start customer satisfaction.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I' v not seen this if they come by courier if its mail then all bets are off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Quite the opposite. I ordered two items on Thurs. They were supposed to be delivered this coming Friday.

One item arrived Saturday at 5pm, the other one at 10:30 this morning.

By the way I often get free delivery for stuff under 20 quid etc by sending it for pick up at our local Co-Op, (though it seems more and more items are restricted from that these days)

Reply to
Mark Carver

I find most stuff is delivered a day or two before their initially predicted arrival date. Meaning that Prime would confer no benefit at all.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just to be fair within 30 seconds of dealing with their chatbot, a (free naturally) replacement was ordered. So far - for all their faults - Amazon have been very good at putting things right.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

And in further news for balance, an item supposed to be delivered Thursday/Friday has just been delivered.

I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

Reply to
Jethro_uk