Installing a Bosch Oven

Can anyone tell me what the hatched area highlighted with question marks in the following image is?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Jenkins

connection?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

looks a good guess from

Robin

Have a think about it! What's wrong with calling the number on the bottom of the instructions and ASKING? It's probably taken you longer to start the computer up and start typing. If you get really stuck I will give you a clue later.

Reply to
John

Thank you John for your response and thank you for the other two responses so far.

I got the screenshot from the following document:

far as I can see there is no telephone number in it. The telephone number on the Bosch website is only manned during office hours which is inconvenient as I am at work.

I have both emailed Bosch and submitted the question using the form on their web site and have not had a response, which I find surprising as I have asked them a number of other questions and they have always responded very promptly.

If you know the answer and especially if the other two responses are incorrect I (and I expect anyone else who is interested) would be grateful if you would say what it is :-)

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Jenkins

In message , Matthew Jenkins writes

having recently installed a built-in Bosch electric oven I can categorically confirm that the shaded area is indeed where the electrical connections are and I'd guess the diagram is suggesting that you don't put any form of backing there (though why you'd put any backing across the rest of it is lost on me.

Reply to
no$spam!delete&abuse%dave

Thanks Dave. I can now buy the oven confident it will go in the hole we have for it.

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net...

Reply to
Matthew Jenkins

In message , Matthew Jenkins writes

I found the cheapest place to buy was qed-uk. Even better was that I was able to choose from two possible delivery dates within 7 days; QED then rang the day before to confirm the delivery date; rang my mobile at

9:15am on the day of delivery to say they'd be here within 1/2 hour and arrived 20 minutes later. By comparison, the local Comet/Currys/Dixons were ~GBP200 more expensive and were unable to tell me when they would have stock or be able to deliver.
Reply to
Dave

Between sending my last post and reading yours I ordered the oven from Electrical123.com (found via Pricerunner)

say it will arrive tomorrow between 07:30 & 10:00am

- Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Jenkins