Re: trucks

Thu, Mar 10, 2005, 11:43am rg327_remove snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net (Bob=A0G.) says: The Nomad replica would be welcome in my Garage ...the 80-82 Vette wagon (could not tell the exact year) would never be in my Garage.... (I have room one one more & am looking)

I believe that is a '78 Vette. It had been hit in the rear, and the owner bought a stagon wagon conversion kit (they sold such things back then), and put it on in '80. Good for hauling ash.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

============== I did not look closly...but the rear is not the stock 78 or 79 but you could be right...the "station wagin rear may have included the

80-82 stock lookiing ass end...

In any event.... I have no interest... well I may depending what is under the hood...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:29:43 -0700, the inscrutable Mark & Juanita spake:

That's not a pickup bed or bubbling spa back there. It's prolly an AUX gas tank for a blown 454 under the hood. It gets interesting gas mileage, I'm sure. ;)

========================================================== I drank WHAT? +

--Socrates + Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(Top Posted For Reasons Beyond Yer Ken)

Larry, this is for you, baby:

"Maybelline" Chuck Berry

Maybelline, why can't you be true? Oh Maybelline, why can't you be true? You've started back doing the things you used to do

As I was motivatin' over the hill I saw Maybelline in a coup de ville A Cadillac a-rollin' on the open road Nothin' will outrun my V8 Ford The cadillac doin' 'bout ninety-five She's bumper to bumber rollin' side by side

Maybelline, why can't you be true? Oh Maybelline, why can't you be true? You've started back doing the things you used to do

Pink in the mirror on top of the hill It's just like swallowin' up a medicine pill First thing I saw that Cadillac grille Doin' a hundred and ten gallopin' over that hill Offhill curve, a downhill stretch Me and that Cadillac neck by neck

Maybelline, why can't you be true? Oh Maybelline, why can't you be true? You've started back doing the things you used to do

The Cadillac pulled up ahead of the Ford The Ford got hot and wouldn't do no more It then got cloudy and it started to rain I tooted my horn for a passin' lead The rain water blowin' all under my hood I knew that was doin' my Ford no good

Maybelline, why can't you be true? Oh Maybelline, why can't you be true? You've started back doing the things you used to do

The motor cooled down, the heat went down And that's when I heard that highway sound The Cadillac a-sittin' like a ton of lead A hundred and ten a half a mile ahead The Cadillac lookin' like it's sittin' still And I caught Maybelline at the top of the hill

Maybelline, why can't you be true? Oh Maybelline, why can't you be true? You've started back doing the things you used to do

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Make sure you check out what the rear differential ratio is, prior to buying. That 4.11 rear end will pull anything, and will also have you pulling into every 4th gas station. I have a 3.43 in my Z-71 Chevy and I get over 20 mpg. That 350 engine still has lots of power.

Reply to
Nortwoods

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:13:58 -0500, the inscrutable Tom Watson spake:

I don't usually respond to top posters ('cept to plonk 'em) but I have to ask:

Whuffo?

========================================================== I drank WHAT? +

--Socrates + Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I always pictured Larry as a Revlon kinda guy.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:40:35 -0800, the inscrutable Fly-by-Night CC spake:

ROTFLMAO! Nope, I'm all natural. No makeup, silicone, or support clothes for me, thanks. My preference in wimmenfolk goes ditto, though I wouldn't be averse to chewing on Angelina Jolie's lips (or other body parts) for awhile.

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You might want to give some serious consideration to the Toyota Tundra. I don't have a Tundra, but have a 1992 Toyota Pickup that I purchased new in 1992...it has cost me just over $600 in repairs (not including normal wear items like brakes) in those 13 years and is BY FAR the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Heck, three years back I had a brand new company car that didn't run anywhere near as well. Personally, I'd rather pay more up front for quality than pay for a bunch of surprise repairs.

George

Reply to
George

Look up trucks on

There is everything you want to know about all models and you can compare specs and features until the cows come home. The only thing you can't get is a test drive, but that can be arranged.

Steve

Reply to
Steven and Gail Peterson