Amazon orders 100,000 electric delivery trucks,

Yeah, I've spent quality time extracting the lead from the bore of a .357. I usually load down to .38 specs. The trajectory for practical handgun ranges isn't that much different and I never considered handgun hunting a good use of time.

Reply to
rbowman

I almost cried one day when I saw the price sticker on a pre-Clinton deck. I used to practice with wax loads and just a primer but that got a little expensive when Slick got elected.

Reply to
rbowman

I always thought buying a deck of 100 was sort of like buying onesie cigarettes. A hundred is hardly worth setting up the press.

Reply to
rbowman

Years ago I bought some 158g semi-wadcutters at a show that had some sort of molybdenum coating. They worked great but I never could find any more.

Reply to
rbowman

That's the SHARE of aggregate income, not the number of people in each group. And the ratio of actual incomes hasn't changed at all.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

After my first experence with some Hornady soft lead bullets I bought a Lewis lead remover. A rod goes through the barrel and you screw on a rubber cone with a brass patch and pull it through.

I switched to some very hard lead and only load to around 900 to 1000 fps out of a 357 revolver. A good mild accureate load in that S&W Highway Patrolman.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

That's bullshit over that time

More bullshit.

Workers arent the middle class, that's the working class and technology hasn't made a lot of difference to the numbers of the real middle class, engineers, teachers, doctors, managers etc etc etc.

More bullshit with the middle class.

More bullshit.

With f*ck all of the real middle class.

That's the working class, not the middle class.

But were working class, not middle class.

The middle class don't get overtime, they get a salary.

The middle class don't put widgets together, they DESIGN the widgets or manage those assembling the widgets.

She was never middle class, she was working class.

They work in the service sector like the absolute vast bulk of everyone in the modern first and second world does now.

Stack shelves in supermarkets, run checkouts, hair dressers, work in bars, restaurants, fast food operations, deliver pizzas, maintain roads, build stuff, replace tires on cars, fly planes etc etc etc.

bullshit.

Still a job in the service sector

Still plenty those cant do.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I usually did but its harder when camping on the beach for weeks.

One time I got the buggers to pay for me using out plane to get there and back.

Yeah, I mostly did that stuff.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yoko doesn't look like a barrel of laughs. Maybe it was more personal than it sounds.

Reply to
gfretwell

I did that on my first month drive about in Arizona but the company only ate the airfare. The deal I got for swapping a Phoenix to DCA ticket for a LAX to DCA was enough to buy the car I rented. Everyone was happy and I got to see the southwest.

Reply to
gfretwell

That was why I likes shooting those pop gun Bullseye load. The bullets were loafing out (650 or so) and leading was minimal. At the distances I was shooting at speed wasn't important and the lack of muzzle blast inside were pluses. I did load some smoking hot .357 stuff (125gr at

1725 sort of thing). I did try hunting deer with my 357 but I never got an ethical shot.
Reply to
gfretwell

Or it could just mean more liberals are coming over because they want a gun and they are afraid they won't be able to buy one later. Gun guys don't need more guns and they are usually OK on ammo for a while. Certainly they are, if they rode this horse a few times. Ammo prices will crash again and it is up to Ammoman to predict that curve. If he guesses wrong on the long bet, ammo gets real cheap. He has a warehouse full.

It is an HO Gauge commodities market, just like anything else that isn't government subsidized.

Reply to
gfretwell

Heh. My house was built by a stonemason for his own family. It's veneered with split fieldstone front and sides, but brick on the back. I've always wondered how much split fieldstone he was able to put in his lunch pail.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I'm middle class by any of those measures, even if I don't exercise my cultural aspirations very often. I'd rather go to an art museum than any sporting event, but I'd much rather stay home.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

The democrat's Burn Loot Murder subsidiary and their "defund the police" nonsense have sold a lot of guns too.

America's 2A patriots are locked and loaded and waiting for their Dirty Harry moment.

How many gun sales did this incident trigger?

Les Baer

I do the same but quit loading .38 specials to shoot in .357 as they leave a ring in the cylinder which after shooting a lot of them will not allow loading of the longer .357 mag case. Same with .44 SPL/.44 Magnum.

Hunted a couple of times with the .44 Magnum but never got a shot.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

A neighbor in back of me is a stonemason contractor and actually built his house from the stone dug for the foundation.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

My wife was a culture vulture but my tastes run more toward historical or natural history for museums. I've been to the local art museum a few times and they do sometimes have interesting exhibits but I feel out of place with the cheese and wine crowd.

My sporting events are limited to motorsports, the local variety not NASCAR. I did go to a baseball game in 1959 iirc. Tobin First Prize put kid tickets to the Albany Senators in the hot dog packages. I forget who won. The Senators are long gone as is Tobin Packing, but Tobin's legacy lived on:

They knew how to build a brick shithouse back then.

Reply to
rbowman

Nice. We're not quite that stony here; more clay with a little gravel, then down about 13 feet, sand. Courtesy of the last glaciers that rolled through.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I use .357 case with the .38 loads. Same recipe as when I'm loading for the .38.

A guy who did hunt with a .44 Magnum told me he did the same thing. Load .44 Special for practice and you won't develop the flinch full on .44 Magnums tend to produce. One or two shots at Bambi won't give you bad habits.

Reply to
rbowman