O/T: Warm Enough

Have you actually worked out how much 400 parts per million represents?

A penny weighs 2.5 grams. One million pennies weighs 2.5 million grams, or about two and a quarter TONS. Four hundred pennies comes in at about two and a quarter POUNDS.

This ratio is about equivalent to the weight of a coat of paint on a big diesel engine.

Asserting that a CO2 concentration of 400ppm affects the atmosphere is exactly equivalent to claiming the coat of paint on a engine affects the engine's performance.

Reply to
HeyBub

Thank God Al Gore forced us all to use CFL's so now we'll get less exposure to mercury.

+1

Why is it that people who want to erode others liberties can blindly trust the public to act responsibly when it supports their agenda, but not when it comes to things they don't like, such as guns, fatty/sugary foods, and my "carbon footprint?"

+1

Your only error was in listening to news reports.

+2

KRW wrote: There is a difference between "warning" and "lying". A scientist should know this difference. Don't you agree?

+1

Nah, the left doesn't want to solve anything. If a problem gets solved, it can't be taxed.

+1

Larry Wrote: A now infamous institution, they were caught with their pants down in an attempt to defraud the public and, probably, to secure more funding as a result. It was agenda-based, not science-based. IMO, there is no worse crime a scientist can commit, against the public, against himself, and against science. Algore is such a criminal. He openly stated that he had to fudge the results "to get people to listen, and to act."

I spit on their grandmothers' shadows.

+2

Leon wrote: You are using sensationalized data.

+1

Mike 4, KRW 2, Larry 2, Leon 1

Mike wins!

Reply to
Jack

I guess 4th is better than last! ;~)

Yeah Scott, I know it looks like 4th is last. OK Buddy?

Reply to
Leon

Well that doesn't happen very often. What's my prize? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Not decided yet, but it's somewhere between a drone killing noble peace prize and and AlGore T-Shirt. The T-Shirt may have some value in applying shellac to a lathe turning, so if I get you one, I might just keep it myself. Meanwhile, keep up the good work:-)

Reply to
Jack

I didn't list the fractional points, and certainly not the negative points. Only the ones that tickled my senses in a good way, that I could recall. I may have cheated KRW out of a point by only giving him one point for the left not being able to tax solved problems, that, in retrospect was worth two, but sorry, too late now, the count is in:-)

Reply to
Jack

You wouldn't happen to live in Chicago, would you? ;-)

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Florida? (Asking for recounts.)

Did KRW's ballot have any hanging chads?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Who me? Nope, I'm not in Florida. We use the optical scanners. I suppose we could have problem with pregnant smudges. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Yeah, I was trying to punch out 10 at a time and the cheap ass machine was leaving them hanging and dimpled.

It's not easy being a demorat!

Reply to
Jack

Interesting

Lew

-------------------------

Lew Hodgett

What is he on?

Reply to
Bob Martin

How about the below averages we have been having in Houston since the 4th.

Reply to
Leon

----------------------------------- Confusing rain drops with sunshine maybe?

Lew