Subject Author Posted Replies

What paint for furniture
I got a nice little desk from the Salvation Army for $69 (US). But it is white. Now I need to figure what kind of paint I need to change the color. I need something pretty tough, because I will be...
23
23

Recomendations for power cord "transplant" into a Skilsaw 5150?
As in "Yes" or "not a good idea"? I thought I got a great deal on a Skil 5275:05 - nope. Missing the bolt, etc. Getting replacement parts is a pain. But I've a "dead" 5150 which I thought could...
15
15

Tool Gloat : Good Will score.
Today was a Trip to the Good Will with the wife. Skillsaw for $25 less the senior discount. Main reason was "The safety switch is where I can 'use' it." (The one I have has the thumb switch located in...
13
13

3/4 inch through slot on router trouble??
Hi I need to cut a 3/4" wide slot 5" long through my piece of wood. The wo od I am cutting is 8"x 8"s x 3/4". I have roughed out a 1/2" slot. When I tried to cut the 3/4" slot it grabb ed the wood and...
5
5

Sanding Down Epoxy Gloss Coat
I recently applied one coat of an Epoxy High Gloss coat to a floating kitch en island. I had just enough to cover the top so, instead of letting it pou r over for smooth edges, I lined all the edges...
3
3

3 Questions About Using A Planer Sled
1 - Both of the following videos show the same type of planer sled used to flatten a twisted board. In both cases, the maker adds a support strip to keep the board being planed from sliding off of the...
1
1

Powermatic Cabinet Saw and Jointer
I helped the lady who has these go through her husbands tools to estimate price for a recent garage sale. The saw has a bunch of extra "stuff." The saw and jointer didn't sell, btu they are nice...
10
10

heating an 10x16 shop space.
The Plan is to finish off the green shed, and make it the workshop. "Everything in, goes out, the insulation goes in, then everything in the blue shed goes in the green shed, and everything out goes...
10
10

Glue For Melamine To Melamine?
Sand/plane off the melamine?
11
11

Beaver 36" Gap Bed Lathe WL-3400
Sadly, the T rest base on my favourite old tool just broke. Iti is cast so repair is unlikely. Still have the 1940's manual, part number is 3404-1 and they sold it for $1.80 back then. Anyone have an...
3
3

The BS1000 Board Stretcher!
I've been waiting for years, and it's here, welcomed by apprentices the world over!
2
2

Poplar Price Where You Buy Your Wood?
Just curious about these prices: Poplar, S2S, indoor lumber yard, fully climate controlled 8/4 9.5 x 96 $46.25 8/4 10 x 88 $45.83 6/4 7 x 96 $24.15
9
9

Grizzly jointers
Why would someone buy this *new* jointer at 365 pounds, when they could have the G0490 for the same price, at 200 pounds more. Because they had a weak back? Makes me wonder whether the days of the...
18
18

Grizzly
Now selling SawStop. ;~)
2
2

Cedar slab cost?
I was toying with the thought of making a dinning room table out of a single solid slab of cedar. I'd like it to be about 72"x48"x4". I assume it would have to be western red cedar and I do dream of...
14
14