Beaver 36" Gap Bed Lathe WL-3400

Sadly, the T rest base on my favourite old tool just broke. Iti is cast so repair is unlikely. Still have the 1940's manual, part number is 3404-1 and they sold it for $1.80 back then. Anyone have an idea on where I could source a replacement? or modify something new?
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 10:14:04 PM UTC-5, Greg Browning wrote:

Suggest you look up/locate an "old school" welder. That is, if the repair is suited for a weld type solution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IkpAsNDbOo
Good luck
"Greg Browning" wrote in message
Sadly, the T rest base on my favourite old tool just broke. Iti is cast so repair is unlikely. Still have the 1940's manual, part number is 3404-1 and they sold it for $1.80 back then. Anyone have an idea on where I could source a replacement? or modify something new?
On 1/17/2019 12:34 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

You know. I guess I should have asked "Cast what?" If its cast aluminum it can be welded. If its Zamac it can probably be welded. If its just zinc vomit well it might be tig weldable with pewter filler, but it won't last.