Glue For Melamine To Melamine?

Is there a glue that will bond melamine to melamine?
Not melamine glue, like Titebond or Roo, that glues melamine to porous materials. I'm looking to face glue 2 sheets of 3/4" melamine covered particle board to make a 1.5" thick sheet.
If no such product exists, would sandwiching a piece of 1/8" ply between the 2 panels and using melamine glue work? The extra 1/8" won't bother me.
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 17:55:21 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Sand/plane off the melamine?
On 1/16/19 7:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You want to glue melamine to melamine? Like, the smooth surface to the smooth surface? I have to ask. Why?
I could understand the other way around, but what's the purpose? I'm not trying to be a smartass.
--

-MIKE-

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 11:10:59 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

I figured someone would ask. ;-)
I'm making a planer sled. Yes, I have other options, but...
I was given a 2' x 8' x 3/4" piece of melamine covered particle board. Perfectly flat and stiffer than the stuff you can buy in the home centers. I found it at one of those architectural salvage places. "Take it, it's yours."
I ripped it to 1' wide and will screw the 2 pieces together to make a 1' x 8' x 1.5" board. That should be strong enough not to flex *especially* if it was glued and screwed.
The method that "ads" linked to is what I had considered, but I figured I would ask about a possible direct-use adhesive to save myself the rough-up work. More of a curiosity than anything else.
On 1/16/19 10:33 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm guessing any polyurethane adhesive would work. A light sanding to roughen the surfaces a bit would help.
--

-MIKE-

On 1/16/2019 11:33 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Melamine might work for a sled, but I found that it was not very durable when I used it as a bed extension for my planer. The thin surface wore through after just a couple boards, and has only gotten worse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqh1aa2k91ue4xf/2019-01-18%2015.03.57.jpg?dl=0
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 3:19:38 PM UTC-5, Larry Kraus wrote:

I already have an extension for my planer.
It's made from SWMBO. I know it's durable because we just celebrated 35 years on Tuesday.
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 17:55:21 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

The opinions here: https://www.woodtalkonline.com/topic/16931-how-to-face-glue-melamine-panels/ are to rough up the surface a little (150 grit sanding) and try any of several adhesives. Contact cement is a little quick on the uptake ;-) so you might prefer something with a little "wiggle" time.
Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2019 02:55:24 UTC+1 schrieb DerbyDad03:

regards Matthias
On 1/16/2019 7:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The same glue that works with Melamine, laminate cement. AKA rubber cement.
On 1/17/2019 12:25 PM, Leon wrote:

Make that Contact Cement.
On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:26:29 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

en

er

Works pretty damn good.
I'll make an simple alignment jig to ensure the top piece drops straight do wn onto the bottom piece.
Thanks.