Powermatic Cabinet Saw and Jointer

I helped the lady who has these go through her husbands tools to estimate price for a recent garage sale. The saw has a bunch of extra "stuff." The saw and jointer didn't sell, btu they are nice pieces of equipment. I told her not to take any lowball offers at the garage sale.
Looking at the asking price on Craiglist list for similar equipment I think she has her asking price set to low and I told her so, but she does want to sell.
I didn't see them listed yet on the local Craigslist, but here is where she has them listed on Facebook Marketplace.
Saw: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/539324676567819
Jointer: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/546709382477371
In Yuma, Az
I'd have made her an offer myself, but I just don't have room for the additional equipment and I do already have a decent contractor table saw and a smaller jointer.

Nice looking saw but I think the price is probably about right. I might ask $1200, figuring to settle on $1000.

But you *need* the better tools!
On 1/21/2019 8:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I mostly do metal working, but if I did much woodworking I'd have certainly talked with her about them already. She also has a Powermatic dust collector. I didn't link to. Figured if anybody was interested in the saw or jointer they'd see the dust collector too.
On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 7:03:08 PM UTC-6, Bob La Londe wrote:

Made in USA PM66 with Biesemeyer fence. And mobile base. And Forrest blad e. And cast iron tenoning jig. Doesn't say if it is 3 or 5 HP motor. Tha t might be a factor. I don't think a $1500 asking price would be wrong. M aybe take $1400. I think if you can get it for $1000, I'd sell/give away y our contractor saw and take this one instead.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

FWIW, I thought $1500 would be a fair asking price too.
On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 12:10:36 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wro te:

e.

ade. And cast iron tenoning jig. Doesn't say if it is 3 or 5 HP motor. T hat might be a factor. I don't think a $1500 asking price would be wrong. Maybe take $1400. I think if you can get it for $1000, I'd sell/give away your contractor saw and take this one instead.

Perhaps the tenoning jig should not be included in determining the price. I t's not an item that every cares about or would want to pay for. It's like increasing the a sking price of a car because it comes with a really nice baby seat. Some might care, others not so much.
If the asking price is raised to $1500, then the listing should say "Free t enoning jig Included!" ;-)
On 1/21/2019 7:03 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: ...

As another said, for the still-made-in-TN PM, build an addition if need to... :)
Until professional SawStop, there's nothing in the range that compares, even Unisaurs
The jointer is a little less special than the Model 66, but larger table is always nice.

On 1/21/2019 6:03 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

I'm happy to report she didn't take an offer on the saw and sold it for asking price. Woo! Hoo!
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 6:36:49 PM UTC-6, Bob La Londe wrote:

xtra

s of

e sale.

Its good she got the $1000 asking price. But I'm guessing the buyer was sm iling the whole time he was loading/stealing the saw. It was several hundr ed dollars too low.
wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 6:36:49 PM UTC-6, Bob La Londe wrote:

Its good she got the $1000 asking price. But I'm guessing the buyer was smiling the whole time he was loading/stealing the saw. It was several hundred dollars too low.
*********** Yeah I told her ask atleast 60% of new for a good used tool and that saw sold for over 2 grand without all the extras.

I'm sure the $200 was worth it for her to be done with it, particularly at a tough time like that.