Powermatic Cabinet Saw and Jointer

I helped the lady who has these go through her husbands tools to estimate price for a recent garage sale. The saw has a bunch of extra "stuff." The saw and jointer didn't sell, btu they are nice pieces of equipment. I told her not to take any lowball offers at the garage sale.

Looking at the asking price on Craiglist list for similar equipment I think she has her asking price set to low and I told her so, but she does want to sell.

I didn't see them listed yet on the local Craigslist, but here is where she has them listed on Facebook Marketplace.

Saw:

Jointer:

In Yuma, Az

I'd have made her an offer myself, but I just don't have room for the additional equipment and I do already have a decent contractor table saw and a smaller jointer.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Nice looking saw but I think the price is probably about right. I might ask $1200, figuring to settle on $1000.

But you *need* the better tools!

Reply to
krw

Made in USA PM66 with Biesemeyer fence. And mobile base. And Forrest blad e. And cast iron tenoning jig. Doesn't say if it is 3 or 5 HP motor. Tha t might be a factor. I don't think a $1500 asking price would be wrong. M aybe take $1400. I think if you can get it for $1000, I'd sell/give away y our contractor saw and take this one instead.

Reply to
russellseaton1

FWIW, I thought $1500 would be a fair asking price too.

Reply to
Bill

ade. And cast iron tenoning jig. Doesn't say if it is 3 or 5 HP motor. T hat might be a factor. I don't think a $1500 asking price would be wrong. Maybe take $1400. I think if you can get it for $1000, I'd sell/give away your contractor saw and take this one instead.

Perhaps the tenoning jig should not be included in determining the price. I t's not an item that every cares about or would want to pay for. It's like increasing the a sking price of a car because it comes with a really nice baby seat. Some might care, others not so much.

If the asking price is raised to $1500, then the listing should say "Free t enoning jig Included!" ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On 1/21/2019 7:03 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: ...

As another said, for the still-made-in-TN PM, build an addition if need to... :)

Until professional SawStop, there's nothing in the range that compares, even Unisaurs

The jointer is a little less special than the Model 66, but larger table is always nice.

Reply to
dpb

I mostly do metal working, but if I did much woodworking I'd have certainly talked with her about them already. She also has a Powermatic dust collector. I didn't link to. Figured if anybody was interested in the saw or jointer they'd see the dust collector too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'm happy to report she didn't take an offer on the saw and sold it for asking price. Woo! Hoo!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Its good she got the $1000 asking price. But I'm guessing the buyer was sm iling the whole time he was loading/stealing the saw. It was several hundr ed dollars too low.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Its good she got the $1000 asking price. But I'm guessing the buyer was smiling the whole time he was loading/stealing the saw. It was several hundred dollars too low.

*********** Yeah I told her ask atleast 60% of new for a good used tool and that saw sold for over 2 grand without all the extras.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'm sure the $200 was worth it for her to be done with it, particularly at a tough time like that.

Reply to
krw