Sawstop Cabinet Saw

Does anyone have one?

> How's it compare to Unisaws? > > Wilson
Reply to
Wilson

Several here to. Lee Valley has a bunch in their stores.

More often it is compared to the Powermatics.

Reply to
Leon

Given that this is your second identical such query in the last couple of days, and given that a couple of perfect answers to the first one were posted, (namely to do a search to obtain the voluminous data extant relating to your question), I'm led to the conclusion that you don't want to do the research, but are more interested in letting others do your work for them.

Reply to
LRod

Yes.

Reply to
CW

ALL RIGHT!! EVERYBODY MOVE ALONG NOW.......NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

It makes me wish (just a little) when someone like Unisaw100 would simply wipe out any text of the OP's, and just put:

DAGS

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

| Wilson wrote: || Does anyone have one? |||| How's it compare to Unisaws? |||| Wilson | | | ALL RIGHT!! EVERYBODY MOVE ALONG NOW.......NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

PLEASE, SIR, STEP AWAY FROM THE ABYSS!!

Morris Dovey

Thanks for all the helpful answers! No doubt you have all spent the $3,000 but don't have time to talk about your saws. FYI, my other post, and any answers, has disappeared, so I tried again thinking it never got out. Yep, I can search as well as any, but also wanted some fresh ideas from current users of current saws. WL

Reply to
Wilson

For my two cents, Wilson.....

I would not buy a SS. For the $$ it will require you could go to grizzly.com, buy a very nice cabinet saw and have plenty of balance for other equipment. For some folks the SS might be worth the extra money. The premium you would pay is certainly cost effective as compared to an injury. I think it would depend on a self assessment of your safety habits and risk. And, personally I don't mind seeing your post. While this topic *has* been raised and well discussed, that does not always mean the specific/exact info you are seeking is within the archive.

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Reply to
Wilson

Considering the circumstances, I'd buy it. Nothing wrong with a little extra safeguard.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I understand that Wilson, but if you had done a quick search you would have found some very recent discussions on the topic. There isn't really going to be anything any fresher than what has been discussed over the past couple of months. It is common courtesy to first search and then ask, just in the name of not asking questions that have been discussed frequently or recently.

As to your other post disappearing and all that - even to the point of your original post... if you really wanted to hear something new, or you had problems seeing your original post, a simple explanation would save you a lot of grief. To simply post the question as you did and then follow it up with the very same question after others had responded is only going to earn the types of responses you saw.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Hi I'm a long time lurker.....

Sawstop...we have one in our shop at work (Hatteras)....also have two unisaws

pros......love the lefthand bevel/besmyer type fence/saftey stop

cons.....although it has been stopped twice because of friction and metal tape near blade while the lights where not aligned @ $300 to $500 each time or so they tell us. also blade guard is a bit flimsy and has caused the saw to be tagged 3 times (shut down for repair).also for our cabinet shop, it is used 80% to cut plywood, it doesn't have the power ,(maybe belts are slipping

saftey wise ..go for it......otherwise go to grizzley/unisawpowermatic

have had a old powermatic...new unisaw..new grizz....would take them first and still have some change

for what it's worth

Reply to
alan

Since the saw has only actually been in workshops for less than two years (or thereabouts), anything you read from the archives will likely be as fresh as you could possibly need, even if it's 1 year and

10 months old. And certain to be in the archives are two threads that I can think of posted here within the last two months.

Incidentally, your other post (and any answers) are (drum roll) in the archives.

Reply to
LRod

Not to put too fine a point on it, but "Does anyone have one?" and "How's it compare to Unisaws?" are hardly new questions and are virtually guaranteed to be in the archive. Now, if he had asked if the drive belts or bearings are easily obtained and replaced, that would have been an entirely different story.

Reply to
LRod

Almost all the post to text news groups can be access through the "Google Groups" archives. The URL for the "Google Groups" advanced search engine is:

Nova

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:u45ah.9928$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

Particularly if SWMBO has cleared it already.

An approved, quality tool is a good tool.

Patriarch, whose wife used to confuse a Unisaw and a Sawzall, in conversation, at least...

Reply to
Patriarch

THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS -->

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

With 3, 5, and 7.5 horse motors, I have doubts it's underpowered. Maybe, as you say, the belts are slipping.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

"Wilson" wrote in news:mN_9h.3787$1s6.2094 @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

unisaws blow it out of the water.