DELTA JOINTER $350 LESS 20% @ LOWE'S

Went into Low-Brows for a few electrical parts for the shop. The 6 x 48" jointer was on sale for 20% off the $350 price. The quality is certainly below that of the same model that Delta made 35 years ago, but it still was pretty good, had gibs, a 3/4 hp motor, and bars instead of wheels for bed height. The same Grizzly was about $100 more plus what- ever shipping comes to. The sale ends on the 20th or the

21st. The Grizzly is 6 x 47" & 1 hp.

-Rick

Reply to
Sbtypesetter

A little update. Just checked the Grizzly catalog. The Delta on sale is 53% the price of the comparable Grizzly jointer. Price with tax was $303. The Grizzly was $573 with tax & shipping. -Rick

Reply to
Sbtypesetter

Thanks for the heads-up. I was actually planning to wait until I could afford an 8" jointer (I've been looking at the 8" Grizzly with the spiral cutters), but at the price, I figure I can use it for awhile and make sure I want to spend over $1000 for a jointer.

Just for kicks, I called Amazon to see if they would price match (their price on this jointer is $449.99). The woman I talked to was incredulous and stated that this must be a closeout. She did call my local Lowe's to see if it was in stock, and whatever they told her must have satisfied her, because she came back and said that they had one in stock, so Amazon would match Lowe's price (including sales tax), minus 10% of the difference. So, I ended up getting it for about $280 with free shipping. The only downside is that Amazon is backordered and doesn't expect to get them until the middle of January.

With that in mind, I went over to Lowe's after work, thinking I might just buy the one they had and cancel the Amazon order. However, when I got there, they said that they were sold out until next week (when the sale would be over). So, it's a good thing I called Amazon when I did.

Reply to
Hank Gillette