Yorkcraft Jointer??

Anyone have the Yorkcraft jointer, looking for pro's and cons on it. The price is reasonable from

. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

People like it. Search the archives. You'd better live close to Wilke, though, or they'll stiff you on freight. For those who live elsewhere, the Grizzly machines are a better deal.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Not sure the size your looking for, if your on the westcoast; look at Sunhill. I spoke to the folks at Yorkcraft and asked them how the felt about the Sunhill jointers. They had nothing but good things to say about them and said they're a stepup from the Yorkcraft line, competitive with their Bridewood line. Sunhill is backordered on the 6" but they've got a good deal on the 8" with "blemished" tables due to moisture. I order one last Thursday and they had it at my door this Tuesday. $850 delivered to Los Angeles with liftgate in perfect condition.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Conway

I emailed wilkemachinery to find out what their shipping is to southeast Mo. Only about $4. difference between their 6" and the Grizzly 1182Z. Also noticed that the Yorkcraft has the switch mounted high like the Delta X jointer and has the wheels built into the cabinet. Figuring 40-50 bucks for a mobile base that brings the price to a noticable difference. I also looked at the Craftsman 6 in. pro at Sears and wasn't to impressed. I'll post on which one I get and how it turned out.

Reply to
Mike S.

Hi Mike, I have YC 6" one. Love it, no probems. Have had it for about 18 months. Paid $299 + I believe $84 for shipping to Knoxville, TN. Incl. lift gate truck.

Tony

Reply to
tony1158

I have a Yorkcraft 8" jointer for about a year plus, use only three to four times together a spare set of knife. Will trade it for a drum sander (willing to pay difference) or sell it. Nothing wrong with it, however I need garage space and I can do without it. I'm in Kansas City.

Reply to
WD

I am not sure you can get it at $4, I paid more than $250 for freight to KC.

Reply to
WD

Hi Mike,

I have had the 6" Yorkcraft for about a year now and have been very happy with it. When I purchased mine I looked at the Grizzly also and thought the shipping would be much cheaper however there was only a small difference (to FL). It went together pretty well, the fence works well, is easy to adjust, and stays square. I have delt with the folks at Wilke on several occasions and they have always been great. I would buy another. If you have the extra $$ and the space, you may want to look at the 8" YC.

Good luck, Scott

Reply to
Scott

That's $4.00 DIFFERENCE...not total for shipping

Reply to
The Davenport's

Reply to
Dave W

Reply to
Brikp

This YC jointer is new, I would prefer to sell ($575) or trade it locally, it weigh at least 400 lbs (I use a 2 tons chain block to assembled the machine) Need at least 4 strong able bodies to load it onto a truck. Not advisable to buy without seeing and test it.

Reply to
WD