Yorkcraft YC-8J Jointer???

The SWMBO has authorized me (when Uncle Sam returns my money) to get a new jointer. I had been looking at the Delta 37-195 6" but I wanted a longer table length. Then I looked at Sunhill's 6" with a 52" table length but Sunhill can't get any in stock to their distributors until AT LEAST the May timeframe. Then I stumbled onto Wilke Machinery Company who make Bridgewood and Yorkcraft products. They have their YC-8J, 8",

72" table length jointer on sale from $795.00 to $599.00 and until March 20 they are taking 25% of their shipping costs. Anyone ever use Yorkcraft? It is a helluva a deal on an 8" jointer and I know I can't expect it to be as good as a DJ-20 (which I'll never be able to afford); but for a hobbyist who is looking to square a face on long boards for planing as well as joint an edge, is this a reliable machine? Any inputs will be appreciated (inputs about the jointer that is).
in Chesapeake
Reply to
Joseph Smith

Thanks Tony, your the first person in this post I've ever heard mentioning they own Yorkcraft. I was worried that I wouldn't get any inputs. TKS again.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

Hi Joey, I have the Yorkcraft 6" jointer, I love it......

02353153&PreviousCategory=Jointers

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Joseph Smith

The YC-8J comes wired 220V. With a mobile base, the shipping weight is 487. Cost to ship to my zip is about $83.25 ($111 less 25% freight discount valid until March 20th). They are expecting the machines to be in stock in March.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

Hi, you're more then welcome. They seem to be several here that owns Yorkcraft.

Reply to
Tony

Hi, what did Wilke Mach. tell you when you contacted them?

Reply to
Tony

Me, I'm from Knoxville, TN.

Reply to
Tony

And I'm still bitching about the freight charges. You are from TN and I'm from KC and I pay $240 for two machines!

Reply to
WD

Joseph - I have a yorkcraft 6" Jointer and I'm very happy with it. I've had it for almost a year. I'm very impressed with Wilke and their quality for the price. I called last week to order a 17" Bridgewood bandsaw from them but it's out of stock until May. It weighs 300 lbs and the quoted shipping charge was $95 and I'm in Northern Michigan. I would guess that you would be very pleased with that Jointer. If I recall correctly the shipping cost on my Jointer was under $100.

Jswee Curmudgeon in Training

Reply to
Jswee