Subject Author Posted Replies

Rounding 1 5/8" stock
I have a potential order for 22 oak tables which will be 2'X2' by 1 5/8". The client wants the edges rounded over much like you would accomplish with a bullnose bit/cutter. If I could buy a bullnose...
3
3

Re: belt sander eats belts, why?
In article <>, Luigi Zanasi
6
6

Re: In my exuberance (ok, stupidity) I glued a drawer together without
Bay Area Dave asks: Sorry. I was tired. Slot the insides of all four sides with a router with slot cutter and a bottom bearing. Then use a chisel or shoulder plane to lift the "slot" piece off one...

Re: SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US
When I was a kid, New York instituted forced auto liability insurance. We won't talk about the cost rise from maybe 50 bucks to whatever it is in Westchester County today--I can't afford the houses...
138
138

Re: Petition Sawstops Directly
Wanna bet that the owners of Sawstop are registered Republicans with a conservative bent? Charlie Self If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. Dorothy...
52
52

Re: recommendation for face shield
consider the airmate - the 3-M helmet that has a hepa filter - since it's also a ANSI rated hard hat, it offers a lot of proection the face shield only items don't - it's pricy ($600 or so) but...

Siccative for linseed oil; toxicity?
Hello, all. I have a bottle of siccative for adding to linseed oil. This contains: cobalt carboxylate, calcium carboxylate, and lithium carboxylate. The bottle is marked (among other warnings) "R65,...
3
3

IPE Deck fastening
I am putting down 800 sq ft of 1x4 IPE and plan on screwing/plugging. I am interested in getting specific advice/recommendations for doing this. I am using pressure treated hem/fir joist. What size...
11
11

IPE decking- what about rails,baluster,post??
I am using IPE for decking, but not sure about using IPE for railing, post and balusters because of cost. I was thinking of using outdoor wood except for top board of railing being IPE. Any feedback...
1
1

Woodworker's beware! (Humor)
a 3Mb video warning on selecting the right equipment. ---Mike http://www.dragonbbs.com/members/rr6289/Nail%20Gun.MPEAbout http://www.dragonbbs.com/members/rr6289/Nail%20Gun.MPEG
4
4

I'm available for demos this month.
Well, thanks. But you don't need to pay me that much to watch you make an ass of yourself. I'll settle for a coupla hundred...and I'll take care of my own expenses. LRod Master Woodbutcher and...
11
11

National Electrical Code question
Please explain how that constitutes "make up rules based on personal judgment." A fire wall between a residence and an attached garage is required by all of the model building codes. A duct that...
11
11

Re: questions on switching from 1/2x8 to 1/2 x 6 beveled cedar siding?
Doh. A correction on this is that it looks like I actually have 3/4 x 8 rather than 1/2 x 8 boards. All the same questions still apply, though. thanks, doug > Doug
2
2

Re: Garden steps: drainage, footbeds & prices
Morgan, I can't recommend another source (unless you want to haul timbers from Colorado). I'm using ACQ timbers 6x6 rough-sawn to border a play area. 8-foot aspen timbers run about 18$ each, pine are...

Re: How smart are cats?
I don't have cats nor dogs. However, I observe my cat's neighbour in their yard (from the third floor of my balcony). My neighbour always puts a long string so the cat can wonder around in the yard....