Subject Author Posted Replies

Just came back from buying some Mahogony
Just went up to Evergreen Alabama and bought some Mahogony, Peruvian Walnut, and some samples. They have a new office and the entire place is done in figured Mahogony both regular and white. It was...

Finishing stone.
Hi All. I wonder what grit finishing stone do you use? Mine is a 8000 grit King stone, but somehow it does not seem to be enough for me, it does create mirror surface but when looked perpendicular to...
9
9

Re: BA Daves floor (wasRe: Need tips for cutting melamine!)
Great Dave, hope your floor comes out OK! Gene

First tool gloat? (compressor)
I just picked up a used Crapsman 15 gallon, "3.5hp", belt-drive, oil-lubed compressor for $60. It's around 10 years old, but it filled the tank in short order and quietly. It's old, and it's...
4
4

Re: Anti-Kickback Pawls - Where to buy
I bought the Delta Biesmeyer and would do it again in a heartbeast. NO MORE KICKBACKS!!! Is that a good enough reason? Why do so many peopel grip e about pawls? They are a safe way to cut wood. The...
4
4

Garrett Wade
I just sent the following email to Garrett Wade. Am I the only one who feels this way? For some time now, I've watched in dismay as each succeeding issue of your catalog has contained less tool pages...
6
6

any wreckers in KC area?
Anyone else in the KC area? First, here's a tip: I was just checking out a new spot called Turn About Wood. They've got a special on walnut at $2.85 a bf. (get directions if you want from They've also...
7
7

Re: Table Saw Setup and Kerosene (where to find?)
They do here too but it is not obvious to the casual observer. Page not found - 404 error
1
1

Chronicle of the Early American Industries Association
I have no further use for my copy of the 1976 reprint of Volumes 1 through 11 (1933-1958) of the Chronicle of the Early American Industries Association. It is case-bound (hard-cover) in blue cloth...

Sawstop question?
Can this device be adapred to Doug Millers and Travis Coppocks teeth? I can see it now. Thier jaws violently being forced open in a fraction of a second. God Bless Al Kyder
23
23

Re: Oily Rags
Whether it does or not Larry - just remember that blown oxy is happy oxy! :-) Jums
1
1

Re: What's wrong with us?
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:32:34 GMT, "Norman D. Crow" pixelated: Yeah. Him, too, Nahmie. - The only reason I would take up exercising is || so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed...

Re: Estimating Software
Already replied to David via e-mail: I saw the response, David and I appreciate it. I went to the website and will be going by O. Depot on the way home. It's strange how I can request info on software...

SawStop
What are people's thoughts on the new SawStop technology? I wonder if anyone has actually tested it with a real finger! Here is a pretty interesting article with a live demo
5
5

WARNING to NAV users
LiveUpdate caused my system to hang on boot up. I ran LiveUpdate and let it update my virus and program files for Norton AntiVirus. After rebooting to complete the update, my system (WIN98SE) hangs...
8
8