Re: Anti-Kickback Pawls - Where to buy

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Lawrence A. Ramsey

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

I'd have agreed with you 20 years ago. With the polycarbonate materials now available, it is not much of a concern. They use it for bullet proof windows. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

They are not saw proof I had the guard on a 12" PC miter saw come loose and catch on the blade and I was picking little pieces out of my skin for hours thank God I was wearing a face shield or I would have been in trouble. To be bullet proof it is much thicker and duel layered I beleave. To its credit it did take 6 teeth out of the blade I had in there too.

I don't beleave that a blade guard is designed to stop kickback just to try to keep your fingers out of the blade path. The splitter is used to keep the kickback from happening.

Reply to
timonjkl