any wreckers in KC area?

Anyone else in the KC area? First, here's a tip: I was just checking out a new spot called Turn About Wood. They've got a special on walnut at $2.85 a bf. (get directions if you want from

They've also got an excellent selection of exotics. So I'm adding them to my short list of exotics suppliers in the KC area. Can anybody add to this list?

Turn About Wood -- excellent selection of lumber, pen blanks, and bits and pieces. moderate prices, with some deals, and some scams (their veneers are outrageous) they'll cut to size if you like.

Paxton's -- best selection of everything, you can find pretty much anything you want. highest prices too, except the veneers are still cheaper than Turn About Wood. not sure if they cut to size, but I don't think so

Schutte -- smaller selection of exotics, but overall the best prices. I don't think they have pen blanks. They do have a scrap bin where I've found a few

Reply to
D K Woods

I think there is a place in Grain Valley that sells mostly to turners. Haven't been there but it is listed as a resource by the KC Wood Turners Club.

Reply to
MHaseltine

I know two more:

Albert Tamm Lumber Company, KCMO

Sutherland Lumber, in Olatha and in KCMO.

know where I could get reasonable prices plywood in KC?

Reply to
Richard

thanks! maybe I can go and check these out tomorrow.

david

Reply to
D K Woods

Where did you buy your cabinet grade plywood?

Reply to
Richard

Try checking at Schutte, I know they have a pretty good selection of hardwood ply. I haven't priced around for it though so I don't know if it's a deal or not....

david

Reply to
D K Woods

Try Liberty Hardwood, 816-231-0852.

Mike Fairleigh

Reply to
Mike Fairleigh

here's a bit of info updating the lumber source comparison:

Paxton's, though truly expensive for some things, actually has the best price on purpleheart I've been able to find in the city. I bought a few bf there the other day for $4.95/bf. Not bad!

david

Reply to
D K Woods